Left out of compilation tapes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are there any videos from the muppet show compilations from Playhouse Video that you are surprised weren't included?

I'm only going to list sketches that could have been in the videos that I have seen.

The Muppet Revue: any Veterinarians Hospital sketch, any Wayne and Wanda sketch, any of Fozzies monologues, and New York State of Mind.
Rock Music With The Muppets: any of Elton Johns numbers, Tenderly, Love Ya To Death, and Do Wah Diddy.
Muppet Weird Stuff: The Windmills of Your Mind (Even though it was in Rowlfs Rhapsodies), Mahna Mahna (Even though it was in The Muppet Revue), any Swedish Chef sketch, any Muppet News sketch, any Muppet Sports sketch, any Veterinarians Hospital sketch, and any Pigs In Space sketch.
Muppet Moments: The Rainbow Connection and Six String Orchestra.

P

Philip Kippel

minor muppetz said:
Muppet Moments: The Rainbow Connection and Six String Orchestra.
"Six-String Orchestra" was included in "Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets"

Anyway, scenes that I would've included in the compilation tapes:

Country Music with the Muppets: "To Morrow" (the UK Spot of the Rita Moreno episode)
Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff: "Jamboree"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't seen Country Music With The Muppets, but judging by the fact that Jim Nabors wasn't in any of these videos, I would have put "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" on there.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I would have put Cowboy Time on County Music With The Muppets

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Oh man, this is one I've given a lot of thought to, believe it or not.

1) Elton John, Lou Rawls, Diana Ross, and Gladys Knight in Rock Music
2) Jim Nabors in "Country Music" (or some other one)
3) Danny Kaye and Gene Kelly in Muppet Revue/Treasures/Moments
4) "The Rhyming Song", "There's a New Sound", Marty Feldman/Arabian Knights bits, and Lynn Redgrave-Robin Hood scenes in "Children's Songs and Stories"
5) Misc: Lola Falana's "He's the Greatest Dancer"

IMO they could've made a second volume of Rock Music w/the Muppets: Elton John, Lou Rawls, Connie Stevens, Paul Williams, Gladys Knight, Melissa Manchester, Diana Ross, Dizzy Gillespie (ok, that's jazz, but still), Lola Falana ("He's the Greatest Dancer"), Lesley Ann Warren ("Last Dance"), Raquel Welch ("Someone Just Like You"), Jaye P. Morgan, Cleo Laine ("Don't Mean a Thing (Ain't Got That Swing)"), Sandy Duncan ("A Nice Girl Like Me"), not to mention all the EM numbers that didn't make the cut: "Tenderly", "Love Ya to Death", "Sunny", "Minuet in G Major", Floyd's "Ain't Misbehavin'" and "Lazybones", "Lady Be Good", Dr. Teeth's "Mack the Knife", etc.

More to come as I think of them.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Dantecat

Reaction score
Which Six String Orchestra show scene was on it?The Short Version or The Long Version with Floyd,Janice,Nigel,Animal,and Zoot?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Which Six String Orchestra show scene was on it?The Short Version or The Long Version with Floyd,Janice,Nigel,Animal,and Zoot?
What do you mean? Was it edited somewhere? As far as I know, there was only one version of it on The Muppet Show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
1) Elton John, Lou Rawls, Diana Ross, and Gladys Knight in Rock Music
2) Jim Nabors in "Country Music" (or some other one)
3) Danny Kaye and Gene Kelly in Muppet Revue/Treasures/Moments
4) "The Rhyming Song", "There's a New Sound", Marty Feldman/Arabian Knights bits, and Lynn Redgrave-Robin Hood scenes in "Children's Songs and Stories"
5) Misc: Lola Falana's "He's the Greatest Dancer"
For the guest stars I noticed that you didn't mention any specific songs or acts with them. Were you thinking any song with them? Because I never really thought of Diana Ross' "reach out and touch" number as a rock and roll song.

As for listing "He's The Greatest dancer" in a miscelleneous category, I think that could go in muppet revue/ treasures/ moments. Personally, I think Danny Kayes number with Miss Piggy could have been in The Kermit and Miss Piggy Story, while Inchworm could have been in Childrens Songs and Stories with the Muppets (But I already know that the version with Charles Aznavour was already included in that one).

Gorgon Heap said:
IMO they could've made a second volume of Rock Music w/the Muppets: Elton John, Lou Rawls, Connie Stevens, Paul Williams, Gladys Knight, Melissa Manchester, Diana Ross, Dizzy Gillespie (ok, that's jazz, but still), Lola Falana ("He's the Greatest Dancer"), Lesley Ann Warren ("Last Dance"), Raquel Welch ("Someone Just Like You"), Jaye P. Morgan, Cleo Laine ("Don't Mean a Thing (Ain't Got That Swing)"), Sandy Duncan ("A Nice Girl Like Me"), not to mention all the EM numbers that didn't make the cut: "Tenderly", "Love Ya to Death", "Sunny", "Minuet in G Major", Floyd's "Ain't Misbehavin'" and "Lazybones", "Lady Be Good", Dr. Teeth's "Mack the Knife", etc.
Out of the Electric Mayhem numbers you mentioned, I noticed that you didn't mention Money or Poision Ivy. Were these included in other compilations? Is Poision Ivy even a rock song?