Learn Something New Everyday Thread

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
I learned that for a few seconds in The Muppets (When they are rescuing gonzo and he tears off his suit)you can hear Dave Goelz slipping up.You can briefly hear Boober's voice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
J.J. Hightail (the mascot for Direct Auto Insurance) is played by Carlos Alazraqui.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Now I'm not a fan of Disneyland, but I am aware of the Five and Dime band you see about in California Adventure (via the Disney fandom on tumblr).

However, I did find it interesting and amusing how the saxophone player shares the exact same name as our own favourite saxophonist! :cool:

Now the muppets are own by Disney sooooooo...coincidence?

Having said that though, if the Muppets ever do a special at Disneyworld again,THERE'S something I'd like to see.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I know why the threads got deleted by force. There were too many spammers. I should never "ever" by in those threads such as: "The Quote Thread", "Muppet Recasts in Movies" or even in a thread that I tried in the first place. They were the most to get spambots and a bunch of grouches posting nonsense garbage. I also learned that I need to be extra careful by posting on the threads that are not likely to get spammed.

Smorgasbord

Reaction score
I'm do biomedical science at university at the minute, so I could bore you with genetics (my keen interest) or some microbiology, and there's some facts I've learned whilst studying, that still blow my mind to this day and I tell everybody that I can. So I want to show that genetics is mind-blowing;
You (humans) have an average of 30,000 genes in your genome, and even if each one had just two variants, there is a combination of 2 to the power of 30,000, which is a big number. And each nucleated human cell in your body has 2.24m of DNA in each tiny cell, but is compressed to a microscopic size (6 micrometers avg), and if you took all the cells in the human body (3.72 x 10^13 according to recent studies), and multiplied it by 2.24m, you get 8.3328x10^10km worth of DNA, which can fit around the Earth 6539632.7 times; Just one person. I did all the boring maths, so you don't have to :eek::confused:

Hope it blows your mind and I hope I've I've taught you something new.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I was at the 99 cent store today, where I bought myself a Diet Cola. Despite it coming from one of those refrigerator/freezer type things, it was warm. The cashier suggested that I should have grabbed a bottle from the back of the machine, where it was much colder. Now, I know what to do next time! (I would have done it right there on the spot, but my family was waiting for me outside and I didn't want to keep them waiting any longer.) Luckily, I refrigerated the soda when I got home.

To all of you out there, if you happen to be in the same situation I was in today, do what the cashier recommended to me! Just saying.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
On a related note to that, they say you should keep milk in the back of your refrigerator, since its the coldest part and can keep the milk colder. Apparently it stops it from going bad as fast. Whether or not this is really true I don't know since it seems like milk just goes bad really fast where we live. It's the strangest thing. Must be the climate.