Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Creature Shop made the Ninja Turtles from the live action puppet movie in the early 90s. Cowabunga dude!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Creature Shop made the Ninja Turtles from the live action puppet movie in the early 90s. Cowabunga dude!
They also made the creatures from the live action version of The Flintstones and pretty much every creature from The Never Ending Story (I knew they made Falcor, but I wasn't too sure about the others).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One of my friends from school who had an interest in writing since early childhood got published in a magazine. She was much older than me and was always reading books (she was able to complete the entire Harry Potter series in a ridiculously short amount of time;which is very impressive if you ask me because those are LOOOONG books). But anyway, I'm SO proud of her for finally getting her amazing work published. I have a collection of her poetry in my drawer that I read whenever I feel down because it reminds me of how much I respect and admire her (I looked up to this girl like a sister when I was a kid). I wish her the best of luck and hope she becomes a full time fantasy writer in the future. If she puts her mind to it:this girl has the potential to create the next Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Narnia.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
As of 2017, it has been 20 years since:
-Brittany Spears's first album
-The time Mike Tyson nearly bit off a man's ear
-The debut of South Park and Teletubbies
-The release of the first Harry Potter book
-The premiere of the Adam Sandler film, Billy Madison and the Disney movie Hercules.
Additionally, these things also turn 20 this year:
-Austin Powers
-Bear in the Big Blue House
-Daria
-Buffy the Vampire Slayer
-Recess
-Pokémon
-King of the Hill
-Johnny Bravo
-The View
-Honey I Shrunk the Kids (TV Version)
-Cow and Chicken
-Captain Underpants

These things are turning 18 this year:
-SpongeBob
-Family Guy
-Futurama
-Muppets From Space
-Digimon
-Super Smash Bros.
-M.U.G.E.N.
-EverQuest
-Dragon Tales
-Happy Tree Friends
-Ed Edd n Eddy
-The Sopranos
-Zoboomafoo
-Kipper the dog
-Farscape
-Rocket Power
-Courage the Cowardly Dog
-Little Bill
-Law & Order:SVU
-Who Wants To Be a Millionaire
-Franklin the Turtle
-The Amanda Show

Wow! If Stewie and Cub from "Happy Tree Friends" were real people, they would both be legal adults now. I feel old! :frown:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
One of my friends from school who had an interest in writing since early childhood got published in a magazine. She was much older than me and was always reading books (she was able to complete the entire Harry Potter series in a ridiculously short amount of time;which is very impressive if you ask me because those are LOOOONG books). But anyway, I'm SO proud of her for finally getting her amazing work published. I have a collection of her poetry in my drawer that I read whenever I feel down because it reminds me of how much I respect and admire her (I looked up to this girl like a sister when I was a kid). I wish her the best of luck and hope she becomes a full time fantasy writer in the future. If she puts her mind to it:this girl has the potential to create the next Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, or Narnia.
I'm the house editor for Graythorn Publishing. If she's serious about publishing something, please ask her to look us up. We're still in open submissions for full-length works, most genres.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm the house editor for Graythorn Publishing. If she's serious about publishing something, please ask her to look us up. We're still in open submissions for full-length works, most genres.
I don't have her email or phone number anymore, :frown:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I finally learned why my camera makes an audible "whirring" sound when it's recording (and thus ends up recording the sound it makes as well): auto focus. The "whirring" sound it the camera automatically adjust its focus as it films . . . gonna have to adjust to using manual instead (hey, manual exposure is better than auto exposure, so surely manual focus has to be better than auto focus as well).