Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently it's some sort of a new slang term to describe something that sort of has a middle ground in between something . . . like if something's light-hearted and cutesy, yet not so sappy or sacchrine; or if something kind of dark and brooding, yet not so unsettling and horrific.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Apparently it's some sort of a new slang term to describe something that sort of has a middle ground in between something . . . like if something's light-hearted and cutesy, yet not so sappy or sacchrine; or if something kind of dark and brooding, yet not so unsettling and horrific.
So like how The Cosby Show was cute, but it was realistic enough to not be as sappy as Full House; or Creepy Pasta fans vs fetishy Five Nights at Freddie fans. Gotcha :wink:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Apparently, the creepypasta story Candle Cove is inspired by a real kid's show that surprisingly isn't about pirates at all. It is actually inspired by the Sid & Marty Krofft Show, Lidsville. I've seen things about the show and even watched the whole intro online and I would've never thought that it was the inspiration for Candle Cove. I thought more along the lines of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack myself because that show actually involved pirates. But nope, it was actually inspired by an article about a man who doesn't live far from where we do actually that talks about how he used to (and sometimes still does) have recurring nightmares about Lidsville. Here's the predecessor to the classic creepypasta if you want to see some crazy 70s insanity:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So that's why of all the Krofft shows out there, a lot of people find LIDSVILLE to be the creepiest, lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
So that's why of all the Krofft shows out there, a lot of people find LIDSVILLE to be the creepiest, lol.
I agree with them. I've seen both H.R. Pufnstuf and Sigmund the Sea Monster before and I can safely say that Lidsville is creepier than both of them.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Would Happy Tree Friends count because it looks a little kiddie show but is actually dark and violent?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know . . . I think something like FR, what with it being a kids show that teaches things like acceptance and coexistence without sugar-coating the messages . . . or even LABYRINTH, since it's a dark fantasy, but a somewhat light-hearted one.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
What about The Brady Bunch Variety Hour? I've seen pictures of that and boy, does it look creepy or what?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Adobe Premiere is now 25.

Somehow, I imagine what it looked like twenty-five years ago is similar to what Sony Vegas looks like now.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Maureen McCormick from The Brady Bunch released an album way back in the late 90s.