Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I always wanted a Tom Bergeron bobblehead, but I didn't even know they actually made them! I see where there used to have them on ABC's site, but they're not available anymore. Dang.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Teletubbies have been rebooted, and it looks awful - the production values have gone down tremendously: the costumes look like they've had too much static cling, the inside of the their home looks like a playground clubhouse, and Teletubbyland itself is so obvious CGI (the baby sun in the original was actually somewhat impressive, but the new version looks like something somebody did in Adobe Premiere).
The original farmland used for Teletubbyland has long since had a lake stuck in it by the owner to discourage fans from trespassing, which explains the use of obvious sets mixed with chromakey.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The original farmland used for Teletubbyland has long since had a lake stuck in it by the owner to discourage fans from trespassing, which explains the use of obvious sets mixed with chromakey.
I know that, and for the CGI exteriors, it does make sense, but the interior sets look like they took a serious budget cut compared to the original.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it bad that here I am in my 20s, and I've only just recently gotten the hang of riffle shuffling?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
In Canada:
  • Comic books depicting crime are illegal
  • It is illegal to say that being gay is a sin (Which is bad because that means they don't have complete free speech).
  • In Alberta, Canada it is against the law to paint a wooden ladder
  • Taxi drivers are not allowed to wear t-shirts
  • It is illegal to pretend to practice witchcraft
  • It is illegal to scare the Queen of England

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In Canada:
  • It is illegal to say that being gay is a sin (Which is bad because that means they don't have complete free speech).
It's not that they don't have complete freedom of speech, it's that they're just a lot more tolerant and accepting of all walks of life than America is . . . matter of fact, they think that we're pathetic and setting ourselves centuries back because there's still so much anti-LGBT mentality in our country, including the ban of same-sex marriages in many states. Not to mention, they have so much more unity and harmony as far as race, class, and sexuality is concerned, period. We could take a lesson from them, but most Americas think Canadians are, um, a certain word that used to describe cats.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's not that they don't have complete freedom of speech, it's that they're just a lot more tolerant and accepting of all walks of life than America is . . . matter of fact, they think that we're pathetic and setting ourselves centuries back because there's still so much anti-LGBT mentality in our country, including the ban of same-sex marriages in many states. Not to mention, they have so much more unity and harmony as far as race, class, and sexuality is concerned, period. We could take a lesson from them, but most Americas think Canadians are, um, a certain word that used to describe cats.
While yes, I do agree with you about Canada being a much more tolerant and progressive place than the US. And I get the point of the law, but I still don't think the government should be able to regulate what you say like that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A certain word used to describe cats...... finicky? 8)