Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, it's apparently true. I don't watch THE TALK, but it was on TV one day, and they were talking about Hayden Panetierre having postpartum depression (shouldn't have a baby out of wedlock) and how it's apparently a subject women are ashamed of talking about; Sara Gilbert talked about how she also had postpartum depression after she gave birth (I did once joke about wondering how lesbians get pregnant), and she said it gave her an idea to create a show where women can talk about subjects like this and not feel ashamed about it . . . which is essentially what THE VIEW is.

But anyway, I just learned that GEICO recast the Gecko's voice actor because his previous voice actor wouldn't accept a pay cut, so they hired someone who would do the voice cheaper.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
No, it's apparently true. I don't watch THE TALK, but it was on TV one day, and they were talking about Hayden Panetierre having postpartum depression (shouldn't have a baby out of wedlock) and how it's apparently a subject women are ashamed of talking about; Sara Gilbert talked about how she also had postpartum depression after she gave birth (I did once joke about wondering how lesbians get pregnant), and she said it gave her an idea to create a show where women can talk about subjects like this and not feel ashamed about it . . . which is essentially what THE VIEW is.

But anyway, I just learned that GEICO recast the Gecko's voice actor because his previous voice actor wouldn't accept a pay cut, so they hired someone who would do the voice cheaper.
Hhmm,interesting. I just learned that contrary to extremely popular belief, Maria and David made their debut in late season 2 instead of season 3.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if this is true or not, but apparently the reason why Mr. Rogers always wore sweaters was to hide the tattoos he had gotten when he younger - supposedly he was a Marine, and a killing machine at that; the sweaters were his way of hiding a sordid past that he was not proud of.

On that note, Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo) was supposed the sergeant of a squad that also included actor Lee Marvin.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure if this is true or not, but apparently the reason why Mr. Rogers always wore sweaters was to hide the tattoos he had gotten when he younger - supposedly he was a Marine, and a killing machine at that; the sweaters were his way of hiding a sordid past that he was not proud of.
That Fred Rogers story is 1000 percent false, he never served in the military. I think I remember reading somewhere he wore sweaters because he felt shirt-and-ties were too uptight and stuffy, and he wanted to seem more approachable.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I learned is that forgetful Jones wasn't Richard's favorite character until Oklahoma sketch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That Fred Rogers story is 1000 percent false
I found it hard to swallow myself, but it's unfortunately floating around Facebook today.

Now Bob Ross, on the other hand, he was in the Air Force, and had to yell at people a lot, but once he returned to civilian life, he vowed to never yell at anyone ever again. He took up painting while stationed in Alaska to supplement his income (you'd think the military would pay better, but nope).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lindsey Stirling has evidentally written a pirate book.

And Emily Blunt married John K. of all people.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Sonic the Hedgehog was literally created by Sega just so that they could compete against the Mario Bros .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Jared the Subway guy got the crap beat out of him in prison today, but, heh, we all knew that was bound to happen sooner or later.