Learn Something New Everyday Thread

Schfifty

Reaction score
I learned a couple things recently: One, the ending part of the Alphaquest "S" segment from Sesame Street, where the girl says "We'll sail to the stars", was sampled in the Boards of Canada song "Aquarius"; and two (you're going to like this, D'Snowth), after seeing a bunch of Fox Kids commercial breaks from April 1995, I learned that the "Improbable Mission" music on WLIIA? is taken from Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently THE TALK was created by Sara Gilbert as a result of having postpartum depression and deciding ripping off THE VIEW would make her feel better.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I learned that Mike Rowe used to be an opera singer. I'm seriously having trouble wrapping my mind around that . . . somebody had to have made that up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thanks to reality TV, audience reaction companies (that supply laugh tracks and other audience ractions for television programs) are actually hurting as a result because there's less work for them to do.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Adele is only one year older than I am. I . . . never really thought about it, but I didn't think she would be that young.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A survey has concluded that my hometown ranks number eight in the top ten most miserable cities to live in in the state - apparently, the statistics are that we don't have enough married people and we don't have enough sunny days (the latter I disagree with - it's never cloudy when it should be).

Those seem like awfully petty reasons to deem an entire town a miserable place to live. I mean Memphis ranked number five on the list for solid reasons: they have the highest crime rate in the state, and the highest unemployment rate on top of that.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So apparently THE TALK was created by Sara Gilbert as a result of having postpartum depression and deciding ripping off THE VIEW would make her feel better.
Wait, is that actually true or are you joking?