Leaning Kermit question

Juxton

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm kinda new here. Been reading a few weeks but this is the first time I've posted (I think. I'm tired). I had a question about Kermit (non-tux)

My Kermit leans way forward. If he weren't on his base, he'd fall over. I know that sometimes you can put figures in boiling water to remove warps and such, but would this technique work in this instance? I'd really like to fix him. I haven't tested it because I don't want to risk messing him up.

Thanks!
Sean

matleo

Reaction score
Hey Juxton,
Welcome to the forum. Try positioning Kermit's legs so his feet point inward a little to form kinfdof a "V" shape. That will help. your not the first person around here to ask about this. You should check out Muppetcentral's new "Frequently asked Palisades" page.....

http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/faq/palisades.shtml#1

Hope this helps.
--Matt

Juxton

Reaction score
Thanks!

You know, this was a case of "Hey, look, it says read Frequently asked questions before asking questions....oh look, a cool thread" then knowledge of the faq completely vacated my head. Oops, sorry guys. Hey, at least I searched for this topic before I posted :smile:

Thanks for the advice. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing that's why all the pics you see of him his feet are like that. S'okay with me, reminds me of the way he danced in TMM.

Juxton

Reaction score
Hey Aerosmith!

Hey Aerosmith! Thanks for letting me know about this place. It's great! :big_grin:

Juxton

Reaction score
The leg positioning worked, but now he looks like he's doing the peepee dance! :wink: Must be all the coffee he's drinking.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
I put mine in a walking position one foot on the peg and the other on his heel. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Also - positioning the figure to have a wider stance can sometimes work. One of my Kermits (I have a few - I am the frogboy afterall) had this bending sort of problem and i bent his legs out so they had a wider stance and held them there for a couple minutes. This seems to have worked. No problems for weeks!

grail

Reaction score
hey Frogboy...nice turtle!

(i couldn't resist...do you EVER sleep?)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No rest for the weary frogboy. :frown: Very busy completing my portfolio for graduation. Love the work, just wish it weren't so much.