Kobe Bryant in Season 40

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
LOL! It's too funny that the interviewer put the microphone up top Abby and Elmo when they had something to say. I wonder of she thought of them as being real or if she was going along with the whole illusion of reality?

Side note: As I'm sure you know when you put a microphone up to a pupets head, nothing will come out. But you notice that you can barely here what they were saying, anyway. :wink:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Wow now I'm really looking forward to season 40! Can't wait for this to air.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow... Nice how disgraced athletes can try to turn their career around on SS. Remember when Snoop Dogg had to have his scene in VMX cut? I wish Henson gave Shim that sort of chance.

Can't wait to hear obvious jokes about it. :smile: Maybe they should give Michael Phelps a call while they're at it. Just NO Pete Rose. Or those baseball guys that did steroids.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow... Nice how disgraced athletes can try to turn their career around on SS. Remember when Snoop Dogg had to have his scene in VMX cut? I wish Henson gave Shim that sort of chance.

Can't wait to hear obvious jokes about it. :smile: Maybe they should give Michael Phelps a call while they're at it. Just NO Pete Rose. Or those baseball guys that did steroids.
I think it's just that Kobe has kids. Most stars that have kids try to get on the show...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Heh, well I just hope Bryant really was innocent. :wink: But yes it's a nice clip.

And I'd rather have Pete Rose or the steroids guys than the kind of thing Bryant was accused of (innocent until proven guilty).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, I think people were and still are WAAAAY too hard on Phelps. But chalk that up to TMZ (an evil organization that makes sure we know every little flaw about celebrities so we can remain blind to real issues... all while destroying careers left and right). Personal feelings about the stuff aside, does anyone realize how hypocritical it is that we glorify it's use in movies and TV (especially That 70's Show where they use it every episode without any consequences outside of Red Forman yelling at them and one arrest that one time) and when someone does it in real life, it's the worst thing possible. I say, sure, he deserved to lose endorsements, but it's not like he was taking something that would have given him an unfair advantage in sports. That's cheating to win. And Steroid abuse in sport isn't just possession and use of an illegal substance, it's also cheating.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly, I think people were and still are WAAAAY too hard on Phelps. Personal feelings about the stuff aside, does anyone realize how hypocritical it is that we glorify it's use in movies and TV (especially That 70's Show where they use it every episode without any consequences outside of Red Forman yelling at them and one arrest that one time) and when someone does it in real life, it's the worst thing possible.
Yes that is hypocritical, sometimes it is glorified but other times it's just used for humor. Either way the action in real life remains wrong. Phelps is just a kid and kids do stupid things, I don't think his life should be ruined. But he should have known better too. :wink:

But I take back some of what I said before, what the stereoids guys did was much more serious than Phelps' actions. I'm going to remove that from my previous post. :wink:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Is it just me or am I the only one who has a bad feeling about this moment ? :frown: