King of 8 Narrator

zhelder

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is a question that I have been wondering about for years, and I never was able to find an answer. Hopefully someone here knows. Who is the narrator for the King of 8 and the Queen of 6 spots? Thanks for any information!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think Jerry Nelson was the narrarator for The King of 8. I haven't seen The Queen of Six.

SesameStoner

Reaction score
i know that jim henson was the king of 8 but i dont know who the narrator was sorry

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I think Jerry Nelson was the narrarator for The King of 8. I haven't seen The Queen of Six.

I disagree. I've heard King of Eight hundreds of times over the past 35 years, and I'm sure that's not Jerry Nelson.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Actually the King of 8 was more or less narrated by the character himself so you could very well call Jim the narrator technically.
However there was a different voice over narration very briefly at the start before the king was introduced. I think this voice was more or less identical to the narration voice that occurred all throughout the Queen of 6 skit, since none of the characters actually spoke in that one at all.
I have no idea whose voice that was.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Actually the King of 8 was more or less narrated by the character himself so you could very well call Jim the narrator technically.
However there was a different voice over narration very briefly at the start before the king was introduced. I think this voice was more or less identical to the narration voice that occurred all throughout the Queen of 6 skit, since none of the characters actually spoke in that one at all.
I have no idea whose voice that was.
Please understand what I said in this quote. The voice over narration was only at the beginning of the king of 8 skit. When we saw the King after that he told us about everything in his kingdom numbering eight himself. And the king's voice was supplied by Jim. That's why I said Jim could technically be called the narrator for that clip.
But I think you're probably right if you meant in your post that you doubt it was Jim doing the voice at the beginning of king of 8 and all throughout the queen of 6 mikebeneddict. It just doesn't seem like a Jim voice to me.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
I haven't seen any documentation proving this, but to my ear, it's highly plausible that the voice narrating "4 Computer", "Queen of 6", the beginning of "King of 8", and "10 Computer", could be that of William "Roscoe" Mercer. Hopefully that helps.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I haven't seen any documentation proving this, but to my ear, it's highly plausible that the voice narrating "4 Computer", "Queen of 6", the beginning of "King of 8", and "10 Computer", could be that of William "Roscoe" Mercer. Hopefully that helps.
Yes, indeed, you guessed right! "Rosko" was a DJ at New York's WNEW-FM at the time.
He was also a music panelist on an early PBS show called "Critique". How Jim managed to tap him for the narration I'm not sure, but it worked out fine.