1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kinda OT: Muppet Kids

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by BeakerFan14, Oct 9, 2011.

1. BeakerFan14

BeakerFan14 Member

Ok, when I was younger I had a Muppet Kids book and CD-ROM. What is Muppet Kids???? Was there a show or cartoon or something?
    :confused::eek:
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

3. BeakerFan14

BeakerFan14 Member

Ah. Thank you. I had the one where Fozzie got a baby sister (maybe brother). Was it ever supposed to be a show before Jim died? Because it sounds like a neat idea.
    :eek:
  4. Drtooth

I don't think so. I'd tend to think there was the idea, but it wasn't really considered.

It would tend to be alright, but I can't see it being anything other than another Fat Albert/Doug/Arthur type pro-social values show. While there was that to Muppet Babies, it did do other things.
  5. BeakerFan14

BeakerFan14 Member

Do you have a picture of Gonzo's family from the books?
    :eek::concern:
  6. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

7. Drtooth

I doubt they'd be too similar. Among other things, I don't think we'd see the same amount of characters... but other than that, too little is known about that project to really say anything. We don't even know what direction they would have gone with it. Doesn't even say if they planned it being a cartoon or live action.
  8. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I think the idea of muppet high seemed a bit cheesy and...well...stupid.
  9. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Muppet High? Just reading the article on Muppet Wikia and looking at that Kermit on a Motorcycle picture makes me think it was going to be a rip-off of Grease. And by the way, since when would Animal play guitar? His wild heart belongs to the drums! :concern:
    mo and Muppetboy09 like this.
  10. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I still have a few of these books. Basically, their only intent was to teach young (very young) viewers day-to-day life lessons. From what I can remember, there really wasn't much of an attempt to develop characters. In fact, in these books the Muppets were more like scenery (in fact, Animal, Bunsen, and Beaker literally were scenery in these books).

I have always wondered how a "Muppet Kids" series would have fared if it was more along the lines of a Little Rascals/Our Gang series.
  11. MissMusical12

That would be interesting. :halo: I'd see that.
  12. mo

mo Well-Known Member

true that! btw I love your avatar of sally!
  13. Drtooth

The 50's were popular in the 80's for some reason, just like the 70's were popular in the 90's and we had "That 70's Show."

Though I will say it does clear up the Smallville paradox. That is, making the characters younger when they actually would be that age and not having them be younger during our period in time.
  14. MissMusical12

Thank you! :)
    mo likes this.
  15. pojksd

pojksd New Member

16. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I thought they had a show because of this picture I saw of an animated Miss Piggy that looked older than baby piggy, and the picture had a disney logo in the corner
  17. Mo Frackle

That's from Little Muppet Monsters, a short-lived TV series that Jim Henson pulled the plug on after the airing of only three episodes.
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Muppet_Monsters
    I think what you saw was from the last episode of Muppet Babies (which reused clips from the second episode of Little Muppet Monsters).
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_808:_Eight_Flags_Over_the_Nursery
  18. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that Bunsen Honeydew and Julius Strangepork would be science teachers, Sam the Eagle would be a history teacher, Statler & Waldorf as some other kind of teachers (or the principals?), and the Swedish Chef would be working in the cafeteria.

It might have been interesting to see the Muppets depicted as teenagers, even if the '50s high school setting didn't work out....
  19. Mo Frackle

Actually, theprawncracker wrote a story just like that a few years back.
  20. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

You make him sound old as dirt. :D