Kinda OT: Muppet Kids

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
Ok, when I was younger I had a Muppet Kids book and CD-ROM. What is Muppet Kids???? Was there a show or cartoon or something?
:confused::eek:

BeakerFan14

Reaction score
Ah. Thank you. I had the one where Fozzie got a baby sister (maybe brother). Was it ever supposed to be a show before Jim died? Because it sounds like a neat idea.
:eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah. Thank you. I had the one where Fozzie got a baby sister (maybe brother). Was it ever supposed to be a show before Jim died? Because it sounds like a neat idea.
:eek:
I don't think so. I'd tend to think there was the idea, but it wasn't really considered.

It would tend to be alright, but I can't see it being anything other than another Fat Albert/Doug/Arthur type pro-social values show. While there was that to Muppet Babies, it did do other things.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I doubt they'd be too similar. Among other things, I don't think we'd see the same amount of characters... but other than that, too little is known about that project to really say anything. We don't even know what direction they would have gone with it. Doesn't even say if they planned it being a cartoon or live action.

mo

Reaction score
I think the idea of muppet high seemed a bit cheesy and...well...stupid.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Muppet High? Just reading the article on Muppet Wikia and looking at that Kermit on a Motorcycle picture makes me think it was going to be a rip-off of Grease. And by the way, since when would Animal play guitar? His wild heart belongs to the drums! :concern:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I still have a few of these books. Basically, their only intent was to teach young (very young) viewers day-to-day life lessons. From what I can remember, there really wasn't much of an attempt to develop characters. In fact, in these books the Muppets were more like scenery (in fact, Animal, Bunsen, and Beaker literally were scenery in these books).

I have always wondered how a "Muppet Kids" series would have fared if it was more along the lines of a Little Rascals/Our Gang series.