Kid's Programming That Makes You Think Life is GOOD!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Wow Byron.

Of course I know Dragon Tales, and I am impressed with your review... I just ain't so impressed with the show, sorry.

*ducks*

*starts to run for the door while quickly yelling*

"It'snotthatbadbutweusuallyfliparoundfirsttomakesurenothingbetterisonandsomethingbetterusuallyitsinceitisn'thardtofindsomethinglessannoyingtolistentothanthoseannoyingvoicesandthatfreakytwoheadeddragon"

*out the door*

(Yikes, that was a close one, folks.)

*pokes head back in to say*

Oh, but yeah, the theme song is catchy. Almost the best part of the show really....

*GONE*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My nephew likes that show. Oh, what's that octopus one. That was a very cute (the only word for it) cartoon. Like an animated storybook. He loves that one too.

little jerry

Reaction score
while were on the subject

This is going to be kida long : Mister rogers is one of my all time big favorites along wiht the muppets. I hold a specail place for him inside my heart. He is a very kind, generous,caring, loving adult who makes not just kids but adults feel good about who they are. He writes songs that speak from the heart like a good childrens show should. He always has time to explain things in a way that kids can understand what he is talking about. He always shows intresting videos on how things are made. He speaks about issues like death and divorce in ways that i don't think todays kids shows ever could. Unlike barney fred is a real person with a real understnading of kids and who they are. He's been around since 1967 and we should be thankful for all that he has done to make not kids but adults feel good. thats my 2 pennysworth

beaker

Reaction score
Re: while were on the subject

Originally posted by little jerry
This is going to be kida long : Mister rogers is one of my all time big favorites along wiht the muppets. I hold a specail place for him inside my heart. He is a very kind, generous,caring, loving adult who makes not just kids but adults feel good about who they are. He writes songs that speak from the heart like a good childrens show should. He always has time to explain things in a way that kids can understand what he is talking about. He always shows intresting videos on how things are made. He speaks about issues like death and divorce in ways that i don't think todays kids shows ever could. Unlike barney fred is a real person with a real understnading of kids and who they are. He's been around since 1967 and we should be thankful for all that he has done to make not kids but adults feel good. thats my 2 pennysworth
Yeah, I mean hats off to Father Rogers...but growing up on PBS every single day almost...Mr. Roger's 'Land of Make Believe' seemed a bit too ornate and low rent for my tastes in comparison to the Sesame programming block that followed. Sure Sesame contained a lot of unsettling cartoons(wanda the witch? pinball countdown? *hides) but there was just something...I dunno, about Mr. Rogers. I mean he actually wanted Big Bird to come on, but then have Caroll Spiney disrobe the suit!?!? How insulting is that?

little jerry

Reaction score
ah beaker

it's the neighborhood of make belaive and well i can't see how any one could not love the guy. The reason why he had that neighborhood is so he could have reality with his neighborhood and fanstsy with the makebelive and atleast big bird was able to apear on the show but msiter rogers understood caraol about not wanting to not apear in costume

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Wow Byron.

Of course I know Dragon Tales, and I am impressed with your review... I just ain't so impressed with the show, sorry.

*ducks*

*starts to run for the door while quickly yelling*

"It'snotthatbadbutweusuallyfliparoundfirsttomakesurenothingbetterisonandsomethingbetterusuallyitsinceitisn'thardtofindsomethinglessannoyingtolistentothanthoseannoyingvoicesandthatfreakytwoheadeddragon"

*out the door*

(Yikes, that was a close one, folks.)

*pokes head back in to say*

Oh, but yeah, the theme song is catchy. Almost the best part of the show really....

*GONE*
LOL!!

Well Jessica, thanks for likin' my review :smile: , even if you're not that big a fan of the show. And yeah, 2 heads was a bit strange at first, but I got used to it, loved the characters, and, after all, we grew up with the Two-Headed Monster. :stick_out_tongue:

But yeah, it just SOOOOOOOOO completely takes me back to my childhood---and any show that does that gets an "A" in my book. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think of Mr Rogers every time I change my shoes. :stick_out_tongue:

OMG! I too found some of the SS animation unsettling. Especially that pinball thing. I don't quite know why.:confused:

I only like(d) the puppet parts of Sesame Street. I'd flip off the toons. (ducks) I know there's more of us out there.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4

OMG! I too found some of the SS animation unsettling. Especially that pinball thing. I don't quite know why.:confused:

I only like(d) the puppet parts of Sesame Street. I'd flip off the toons. (ducks) I know there's more of us out there.
Hey, did a toss in the hay with a hunky twink send ya into agree mode? ****, I think I like this side of you ol Frogboy!

Yes, I will not be afraid to admit...while I like the experimentalness of some of the non Muppet parts(cryptic cartoons, David Lynch kids on a ghetto jungle gym, cake makers having epileptic seizures, and a stick a buttah) I have always hated those things. I was always wishing the entire thing was all Muppets...poo.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
My nephew likes that show. Oh, what's that octopus one. That was a very cute (the only word for it) cartoon. Like an animated storybook. He loves that one too.
You are thinking of Oswald, who is voiced by Fred Savage (kid from the Wonder Years).

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: while were on the subject

Originally posted by little jerry
This is going to be kida long : Mister rogers is one of my all time big favorites along wiht the muppets.
I loved Mr. Rogers as well, but sadly, he is no longer on the show. I think the show is still good, but without him, it just didn't make my list.