Kevin Clash on Oprah

Frogster

Reaction score
Sooo... anyone got the 4-1-1 on Kevin's appearance? :confused:

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I found this on the web dated Feb. 1, 2006.

"The topic of the show was “Faces behind big names,” and the guests included clothing designer Marc Jacobs, puppeteer Kevin Clash (who does the voice and movements for “Elmo” on Sesame Street), the family behind Crayola crayons, and the daughter of “Barbie” inventor Ruth Handler (whose name is Barbara)."

No mention if that show topic has aired already or not.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I wish it could have been the entire cast. Like a little tiny MuppetFest. But at least they got Kevin. That's good. :big_grin:

rowlf84

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
I found this on the web dated Feb. 1, 2006.

"The topic of the show was “Faces behind big names,” and the guests included clothing designer Marc Jacobs, puppeteer Kevin Clash (who does the voice and movements for “Elmo” on Sesame Street), the family behind Crayola crayons, and the daughter of “Barbie” inventor Ruth Handler (whose name is Barbara)."

No mention if that show topic has aired already or not.
I guess we'll just wait and see.

rowlf84

Reaction score
Just to clear things up a little: I received official information through Sesame Workshop that Kevin (and Elmo) will be appearing today on Oprah. On Oprah's website, and according to previews on the show, today's episode is Hurricane Katrina-themed. As I said before, Kevin and part of the cast visited New Orleans after the hurricane, so he may appear because of that. As for what OverUnder said, maybe he won't be on tomorrow and that episode will be airing later in the season. Perhaps SW has their information wrong. I know I'll be crossing my fingers for an appearance tomorrow. I'll let you know if I hear anything early in the day.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
well I hope some one finds out exactly when Kevin is on because I dislike Oprahs' shows quite a bit.....and I'm not going to watch it every day just so I can see mr. Elmo :grouchy:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I agree with JimHensonHour. It's quite an odd show, and I don't normally watch it myself. I really hope he's on today, and we didn't miss it. :smile:

rowlf84

Reaction score
I just received word that Kevin's appearance has been changed to Monday, the 27th. Sorry for the confusion.