Kermit's Swamp Years News

Thog

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone posted this yet. So here it is.

Dan

Having completed postproduction work last month on the first live action Muppet video premiere movie, Kermit’s Swamp Years: The Real Story Behind Kermit the Frog’s Early Years, Jim Henson Home Entertainment has delivered the finished film to Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment for a planned debut in September. Henson senior VP Michael Polis, who is executive producer on the film, told Video Premiere Awards that the company is now working on extras for the DVD. In addition to outtakes and behind-the-scenes footage, extras include a new Muppet armadillo character providing quasieducational interviews of members of the cast and crew (to the best boy: "Did you work your way up from Good Boy?") and a new Muppet horsefly character named Horace who is interviewed along with Kermit.
A rock version of the popular 'The Rainbow Connection' theme song from the first theatrical Muppet movie is performed by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes with the outtakes on the DVD edition. The movie itself features two original songs, one of which takes place in a pet store where the other animals describe how great it is to be a pet and have owners clean up your "number two." Henson has many hopes pinned on the success of this 82-minute video premiere movie, with outlines for follow-ups already drawn up. Henson is also developing original video premiere movie franchise projects to be announced in August that would build on strong consumer sales of the company’s fantasy films, including Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. Henson might partner with Columbia or another distributor on those projects.

Link:
http://members.fortunecity.com/backtodisney/News.html

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting the link. Great news!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
The movie itself features two original songs, one of which takes place in a pet store where the other animals describe how great it is to be a pet and have owners clean up your "number two."
That song sounds like a classic already...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
This announcement that's supposed to happen in August sounds pretty interesting.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Apparently it's pretty good and theres quite a lengthy sample clip on that Amazon page. Comments anyone ?
ToughPigs reported on that months ago declaring it as the ToughPigs "theme song" (LOL:smile:)

Personally, I think it's pretty lame. Their version of The Phantom of the Opera is quite good though.

But the cutest part of the story comes from the original report at Video Premiere Awards with this pic of Kermit.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
:big_grin: Lil' Kewmit is just so fweaking cute it makes me want to twough up on my keyboad.:big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
A rock version of the popular 'The Rainbow Connection' theme song from the first theatrical Muppet movie is performed by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes with the outtakes on the DVD edition. on those projects.
Has nobody on this board heard this song before? I'm such a HUGE fan of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes!!!!!! If you guys haven't heard of them, and like quirky punk/ska music, check it out. The Rainbow Connection remake is on their CD entitled, "Are a Drag". On it they cover songs from "Sound of Music", "Annie", and more. They have a new CD out too (came out last year) called "Blowin in the Wind" (I think thats the name). You gotta here they're version of "Who Put The Bomp"!

Anyway, its a fun song!! Check it out!!

Oh yeah, this is for Jamie. Did you see Divas Live last night, Cyndi Lauper was on and was awsome! (Yeah Yeah, I watched Divas Las Vegas last night, anyone have a problem with it?) :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
On KSY News-

Oh no, I hope they haven't opened the floodgates - Piggy's Barn Years, Fozzie's Cave Years and Kermit's Swamp Years 2. And from the sound of it, a possible Dark Crystal direct to video sequel. That really doesn't sit well with me, but we'll see how things turn out. I am excited to hear about the treatment of this DVD release and its commentary. Very cool.

Hey Nate!
On the topic of Cyndi - I was actually seeing a friend off last night. He's moving this weekend. I'm sure they will re-run Divas. I heard she didn't have a big part in the show, but she was a special guest. I do not understand a world where Brandy is considered a diva and Cyndi a special guest. Anyway, the most fun girl in the world will be appearing at a local club here in San Francisco tomorrow so I hope to see her! It may be sold out because it's the club is closing that night, but I'll try.

beaker

Reaction score
frogboy: dc sequel?

>>>And from the sound of it, a possible Dark Crystal direct to video sequel<<<

First off, yeah a Piggy's Barn years etc would just be lame. To me this special feels to much like those 1993 released Disney 'specials' with Bean Bunny and (pre-cursor) Bobo Bear.

But hold the phone...a dc sequel? I think that post meant fantasy films by creature shop in the vein of those great 80's fantasy(new fantasy films dont hold a candle to those classics) Though I remember that strong rumor 4 years ago about a dc prequel.