Kermit's Sesame Street apartment

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
In looking through Wikipedia for something else, I happened across this outside shot of Kermit's apartment on Sesame Street. Does anyone happen to know what episode this is from? I'd be interested in checking out this Sesame Street episode and any others where Kermit is involved in the street scenes main plot.
:smile: :super::wisdom::frown::stick_out_tongue::insatiable::batty::laugh::grouchy: :search:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I'm not sure which episode it comes from, but it's definitely sometime from the 1st or 3rd season what with Gordon being played by Matt Robinson.

cjd874

Reaction score
Maybe it's not from an episode…maybe Jim just decided to play around with Kermit on the set. I can't think of any times that Kermit interacted with the main cast other than in seasons 1, 3, and the Christmas Eve special in 1978.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Nice peek of the top of Jim's head. Probably not seen in any final episode, if that's a script in Susan's hand. Kermit didn't have an official residence on the street- the first floor was Susan and Gordon's apartment. Bert and Ernie lived in the basement, and on the side of the building, on the second floor where there was a fire escape, was Maria's pad.

Quite a few seasons later, there were a number of skits where Kermit had a house in the country, and Grover was a constant visitor.

Kermit did appear in some street scenes in the early years, but was never seen "at home".

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies- now that fuzzygobo mentioned Susan possibly holding a script there, it makes sense that this could be a shot that's not actually in an episode. I know "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" is by far one of Kermit's biggest appearances for interaction with the rest of the Sesame Street cast definitely- and that's one reason it's one of my favorite specials ever.:smile::wisdom: (lots of other reasons too, of course.) (There are some others too, though- Muppet Wiki keeps me informed on such things- lol.)
And I figured it must be from the early years of the show with Matt Robinson there as Gordon. So, Seasons 1 and 3 are the big ones for Kermit appearances, then? (as far as street scene appearances)- Makes sense. I'll have to check through some of those episodes when I can.
Quite a few seasons later, there were a number of skits where Kermit had a house in the country, and Grover was a constant visitor.

Kermit did appear in some street scenes in the early years, but was never seen "at home".
Yeah- I love those sketches. Kermit and Grover are a classic team.:smile::super:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
To be clear, Kermit did have a pad on Sesame Street; we see a number of sketches set at his apartment and his most recent cameo on Elmo's World "frogs" segment.:smile:
I've since tracked down this episode thanks to recent Muppet additions. Apparently Kermit was staying at Gordon and Susan's place while they nursed him back to health in one episode.