Kermit's on the Today show this morning

murgatoad

Reaction score
I haven't seen him, and I don't intend to, since, like the majority of Americans this fine morning, I have far better things to do (Xmas shopping). Yet it seems he'll be on. I heard it on my local news this morning.

So don't say I never did nothing for ya. :wink:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Kermit will be on Today in just a few minutes...

murgatoad

Reaction score
No comments, eh? Guess I'm not the only one who skipped it. :wink:

Gonzo

Reaction score
I saw it and loved it--it was one of the better interviews Kermit has done recently. Ann Curry was the interviewer, and she's not the best, but did a competent job. They gave Kermit/Steve a sleeve that's the same fabric as the sofa, so it was less jarring when Steve's elbow was in the frame (which happens a lot). They talked about Miss Piggy's role in the Christmas Movie, Kermit's ideas about Christmas, and various other topics. It was a long interview too--longer than they gave to Kofi Annan last week.

Very nicely done.

And Murgatoad, are you okay?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I saw it and loved it--it was one of the better interviews Kermit has done recently. Ann Curry was the interviewer, and she's not the best, but did a competent job. They gave Kermit/Steve a sleeve that's the same fabric as the sofa, so it was less jarring when Steve's elbow was in the frame (which happens a lot). They talked about Miss Piggy's role in the Christmas Movie, Kermit's ideas about Christmas, and various other topics. It was a long interview too--longer than they gave to Kofi Annan last week.

Very nicely done.

And Murgatoad, are you okay?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Just dandy. Still not sorry I missed the interview, though. I got quite enough of the frog insulting the pig while watching that annual shillfest, the Macy's parade. And anyway got loads of shopping done.

DLuvMuppsGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by murgatoad
Just dandy. Still not sorry I missed the interview, though. I got quite enough of the frog insulting the pig while watching that annual shillfest, the Macy's parade. And anyway got loads of shopping done.
I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that. I have to say lately I have been disapointed in the way they handle the Kermit/Miss Piggy relationship. It bothers me when he insults her and it to me in very unmuppetlike. JMO

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by DLuvMuppsGonzo
I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that. I have to say lately I have been disapointed in the way they handle the Kermit/Miss Piggy relationship. It bothers me when he insults her and it to me in very unmuppetlike. JMO
Apparently, a LOT of people are disappointed in that - given the lackluster ratings for the movie. Heck of a way to promote your product IMO. It certainly discouraged me from tuning in.

DLuvMuppsGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by murgatoad
Apparently, a LOT of people are disappointed in that - given the lackluster ratings for the movie. Heck of a way to promote your product IMO. It certainly discouraged me from tuning in.
---Ouch the ratings weren't good? I taped in last night but I am waiting to get closer to Christmas to watch although I do not know If I can hold out anymore. People on the board say It was really good. I hope It got alot of viewers last night. I am worried that not alot of people watched it.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by DLuvMuppsGonzo
---Ouch the ratings weren't good? I taped in last night but I am waiting to get closer to Christmas to watch although I do not know If I can hold out anymore. People on the board say It was really good. I hope It got alot of viewers last night. I am worried that not alot of people watched it.
Yes, a lot of people here loved it. But Henson's preaching to the choir here. Henson Co. was hoping to grab a larger audience with this movie and at first glance it looks like the effort was rather disappointing. Plus the movie lost viewers in its second half, and that's never a good sign. Guess those viewers were disappointed too...