Kermit's Family

Animals Mom

Reaction score
This may be well-known and if it is, then i apologise, but I really don't remember.

There is a Muppet Babies episode where baby Robin comes to stay when he is just a tadpole, if Robin is Kermit's nephew, what about the rest of the family? This means that Kermit must have a brother or sister? Does anyone know anything about this?

Again, apologies if I am being daft, but this was really bugging me this morning :confused:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Animals Mom said:
This may be well-known and if it is, then i apologise, but I really don't remember.

There is a Muppet Babies episode where baby Robin comes to stay when he is just a tadpole, if Robin is Kermit's nephew, what about the rest of the family? This means that Kermit must have a brother or sister? Does anyone know anything about this?

Again, apologies if I am being daft, but this was really bugging me this morning :confused:
Hi!
You're not being daft. :smile: To the best of my knowledge, in Muppet Babies "Nanny" mentioned that Kermit's sister was Robin's mother. (The sister was never seen though)

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow, that also cleared up a bit of a confusion for myself as well. Thanks. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember in Kermit's Swamp Years, Kermit had over a hundred brothers and sisters.

I wonder if this means Robin might have that many brothers and sisters as well?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
well according to an interview I read, kermit is one of 3,924 children. which would mean he has 3,923 brothers and sisters.

and as for Kermits Swamp Years. Xerus, I'm assuming you're referring to the behind the scene stuff? "And there's yoyo, and yaya, and yeeyee, and- wha? oh, well see mom and dad were kinda running out of names by then.":smile: I liked that.

Xerus

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
well according to an interview I read, kermit is one of 3,924 children. which would mean he has 3,923 brothers and sisters.

and as for Kermits Swamp Years. Xerus, I'm assuming you're referring to the behind the scene stuff? "And there's yoyo, and yaya, and yeeyee, and- wha? oh, well see mom and dad were kinda running out of names by then.":smile: I liked that.
Yeah, that's what I remember. :smile: And I guess Kermit has way more than 100 siblings. But I'm glad I got to see what Kermit's mom was like. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I remember in Kermit's Swamp Years, Kermit had over a hundred brothers and sisters.

I wonder if this means Robin might have that many brothers and sisters as well?
Robin is a nephew.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Robin is a nephew.
What Xerus meant, Beau, was that Robin might have AS MANY brothers and sisters as Kermit. Not that Robin was one of Kermit's siblings.

-Kim

Beauregard

Reaction score
*smackes head*

Gish and kidneys....how true. And yet only one of them followed his uncle into show-biz. I wonder if all his Bros and sisters despice him for that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And yet... In the Bernadette Peters TMS episode, there's a bit of dialogue that throws this into even more confusion.

Kermit: I have this nice little song for you to sing Robin.
Robin: I'm Five??? I won't do it. I'll call my agent! I'll call my lawyer!
Kermit: I'll call your father!
Robin: I'll go to my room and learn this cute little number.
Kermit, after Robin leaves and looking into the camera: I knew he'd see it my way.

And is Kermit's Mom actually seen in KSY? From what I've come to understand, only the back of her head was partially visible. Unless you're talking about the makers of the TV movie bringing in the character of Kermit's Mom into the special as a new character. Then I'd understand what you meant by "seeing" her.
Hope this helps.