1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Kermit's 50th Anniversary World Tour

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by BoyRaisin2, Sep 27, 2005.

1. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Kermits parade

Now the parade started about 230pm and Kermit came around the middle of the parade in a convertable. He was sitting on the back with (steve I assume) hidden under the seat or trunk. They were throwing out shirts, which I did not get. The bad thing about the parade was that they drove by really fast. Most people around us did not even notice it was him untill he was past us. There was no music or speaking from kermit , just waved as they zoomed by.
    THen we went to the pep rally at the stadium. It was really hot and I felt sorry for steve that he was in this podium in the direct sun, with a foam puppet on him.
    Kermit was kinda like a Mc for the pep rally. He had some funny jokes that most people did not get.
    I did not go to the game that night, we were realllly tired and the kids had had enough. SO we left.
    I think we were one of the only people from out of town, as I spoke to the towns people. They were expecting ALOT more, I bet Disney was dissapointed.
    I really liked the city hall presentation, but the rest was kinda dissapointing. Maybe I missed the really good stuff at the Football Game???
    It was great to see kermit and even better to meet Steve, so it was worth the 7 hour drive and alot of money in gas.!
    I have pics that I will post later this week.
  2. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I had heard they are running a story on monday, It may have been abc news.

What did it show?
  3. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

Steve

Steve did actually say ... Wow you actually have this book!!!
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Awsome Randy. I can't wait to see the pictures. Bring them on!
  5. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

Kermit in Houston

Dang it, dang it! I'm in Houston and just found out that Kermit was at Space Center Houston (NASA) Saturday after his trip to Kermit, Texas.

There is very little detailed publicity that I have been able to find about these travels, especially considering this is supposed to be some big Disney re-launch for the Muppets (per press releases). Even knowing that this was happening in October, it's hard to find info. I haven't seen anything on muppets.com but an announcement to follow Kermit's travels. I think the info on where these stops will be are so vague because they don't even know all the places they are going yet!

I saw news footage and info by google-ing kermit the frog texas (including 2 partial videos in Kermit, TX - an interview with Kermit and his greetings at a podium in town). In the interview, Kermit even said he didn't know all of the 50 stops he was making but that he was going to NASA in Houston next. So, I go to www.spacecenter.org and Kermit was one-day-only, Saturday, and I just missed it!!!!!

I'm so sad :cry: (<---see?)

Did anyone get to go? Please, please, let's hear the news!

-Lynnette
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Does anyone know if he will be in the Los Angeles area or thereabouts at all? Thanks.:)
  7. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

So where is kermit going next?
  8. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

9. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

10. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Thank you for the pictures guys
  11. Crazyminnyhaha

Crazyminnyhaha New Member

Does anyone know when hes comming to New York and what part? Thanks
  12. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

actually it was dairy queen and they green sprite, green ice cream and fries....
  13. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Green fries?
  14. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

How do you make green fries?
  15. Camellia

Camellia New Member

Kermit in Iowa

hi,

According to www.rivermuseum.com management, Kermit will be stopping by Iowa in their museum's frog exhibit.

from their website article:

May 7 - December 31, 2005 Toadally Frogs!
    Things are really hopping at the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium as work is underway for the opening of the new “Toadally Frogs!” exhibit. The “Toadally Frogs!” exhibit will be open daily beginning May 7, 2005 at the William Woodward River Discovery Center. The Dubuque Telegraph Herald is the official media sponsor of the exhibit.

The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is located at the Port of Dubuque. For more information on “Toadally Frogs!” please call 563-557-9545

"Hi Steve!" from Diane and Gina in Washington
    http://www.camelliasoftware.com/TheMuppetsSite/muppetsw.htm

enjoy! :)
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Does anybody know where Kermit will be appearing.
  17. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

IS anyone else here disappointed in the updating and press release of this kermit tour???
  18. doctort13

doctort13 Member

the disappointed

Disappointed at Disney. Certainly a company of this size and experience should know how to promote one of their products.

What's that matter with the Mouse?
  19. DannyRWW

Yes very dissapointed..... how many stops has he made? It sounds like the Kermit Texas one was the only announced well in advance.
  20. DannyRWW

Doesn't look like the site has been updated either.... we're getting better coverage here from the fans than the official site.