Kermitage - The Muppet Show Episode Guide Goes Live!

statnwaldorf

Reaction score
Just emailed..........

Hi to everyone!

This email is to update you all on www.kermitage.com and to thank you all for your patience so far.

Kermitage continues to grow and although in the last few weeks there has been a few unexpected delays, not least of all our new baby Daughter Charlotte, everything is progressing well and the collectibles guide will be live in the summer.

However to thank you once again for your patience, and to prove that what we promise at Kermitage will actually happen, I want to debut to you an area of the site that we have been working on for a while and which we hope you will enjoy and find useful.

As a tribute to the 25th Anniversary of The Muppet Show from today on www.kermitage.com you will find the complete Episode Guide to every single episode of The Muppet Show. All seasons, all shows from Juliet Prowse to Gene Kelly. We wanted to ensure that our episode guide was exactly what fans from around the world wanted and therefore over the last 4 months we have being doing a considerable amount of research to ensure that the Muppet Show Episode guide is the best it can possibly be and most importantly is functional, in that it allows you to find the information you require as quickly as possible. To that extent each episode guide includes the following:
The episodes production and air date
A detailed list of every individual component of that particular episode (songs, sketches etc)
A description and general synopsis of the show
Any memorable moments that warrant a mention
Statler and Waldorfs closing comments.
We gathered from our research that the majority of fans want to know such things as "What was the opener for the Cleo Laine Episode" or "did Miss Piggy perform with Elton john" these questions and much much more can now all be answered by simply clicking and navigating through the guide.

We don't want to take any enjoyment away from actually watching the Muppet Show, so we have conscientiously decided not to provide detailed descriptions of every single dialogue that takes place between the characters or guest stars or other such details. We want Kermitage to primarily function as a research tool for fans whether their interest be in the productions, collectibles or any other area of the Muppets and we hope to that degree that Kermitage will be your first stop when looking for detailed Muppet collectible or episode information. Therefore The Muppet Show Episode Guide is a functional guide providing you with everything you could want to know about every episode of the Muppet Show in the simplest and most navigable way possible.

We hope you enjoy the Episode Guide and I would very much like to hear your comments and suggestions. I would also like to thank a few people who have helped and continue to help with Kermitage, without their help the Guide would not have been possible. Hans Jenson and Jogchem Jalink for their wonderful Muppet Show Knowledge, Danny Horn of www.toughpigs.com and Chris Smigliano *proof-reader extraordinaire* and of course the Jim Henson Company, for without their support and authorisation Kermitage.com would not be here.

More Episode Guides to every Henson production, pilot, special etc will be coming soon and of course what everyone's been waiting for the Ultimate Muppet Collectibles Guide....we are sure you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again to everyone,

Michael & Mar
www.kermitage.com

dwmckim

Reaction score
excellent debut!

This guide is really well done and a great debut for kermitage.com - i'm really excited to see the upcoming stuff! I very much encourage everyone to check it out!

What's really neat is that both Mar/Michael and i have been working on our guides indepentantly and both really serve as a nice complement to the other...wheras mine is more analytical, kermitage offers a nice quick-reference detailed outline that's both functional for easy reference and more spoiler-free. Between the two, there's something for everyone!

Excellent excellent job!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi Michael & Mar

I love it :big_grin: !

Great stuff, can't wait when it's finished

Hope to hear from you

Take care

MuppetDanny

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. The graphics are impressive too.:smile: :smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Wonderful!

Congrats to all involved. I'm greatly looking forward to what else Kermitage has in store.

I notice that Season One and Two have only production dates and no air dates. Is there a reason for this?

I'm also curious as to why the decision was made to sort by the guest star's first name? Why not production or airing number, or even last name?

I was excited to see the b&w stills as the thumbnails for each page. Will the collectibles section contain hi-res scans of these? Those photos are simply fantastic.

Thanks again and well done!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations to you both. Nice work! It's so exciting to see a new site go up all over the world.

Kermitage will be an effective tool for many and we're looking forward to seeing it grow.

M

Muppet Labs

Congratulations Statler and Waldorf!!!

I would like to say congratulations on the birth of your daughter and here is wishing the three of you a long, happy and healthy life.

Bye,

Todd

Luke

Reaction score
Congrats Mar & Michael ! Now i can find every episode of TMS that contained a Penguin, with a few clicks of a mouse button.

The stills are cool, the info is cool, the graphics are cool - bottom line - it's a great resource for Penguin lovers everywhere !

Jackie

Reaction score
Wow!! The Graphics and pictures are amazing! I love the description and how quickly I can find a song that was sung on the show that I love!!! You guys are awesome!!! :smile: