Kermit unveils Macy's Famous Holiday Window featuring the Muppets

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kermit unveils Macy's Famous Holiday Window as "The Muppets Take Manhattan"

Here is Macy's press release. The full window will be unveiled tomorrow. Kermit will co-host the event. Special thanks to Hill for sending the release. :smile:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2002/112102.shtml

I'm trying to get some photos of the windows, and will get those on-line as soon as possible.

Let us know what you think of the story, especially if you are in the NYC area and can see it first-hand!

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Hey All

Does anyone know what the time of the unveiling is?

Also, is it going to be the actual Kermit performed by Steve that will be at the unveiling or just a costumed character ?

Any help would be appreciated

Michael

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to the release, it's scheduled for 4 pm tomorrow. There will be a press unveiling first. I don't know if they'll open the windows immediately at 4 or give the press first shot inside, then open the windows for the public afterwards.

If anyone plans on being there, please e-mail me.

murgatoad

Reaction score
What *I* would like to see is the "Miracle on 34th Street" windows. "Miracle" is the best Christmas movie ever IMO.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Michael,

If you are going please make a video of this !

Lots of people will want to buy or trade copies of it !

PLEASE ?

see ya

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Well, I was there today. Unfortunately I didn't stay for the whole event as it started to torentially downpour shortly after the event officially started. :frown: I have to say though from what I could see of the windows (I'm SO going back to take pictures as I had no camera with me today and I found out about this whole thing this afternoon!) they look great. :smile: Steve did a great job with Kermit as usual, and I personally could've done without the trio of girls dressed as Christmas trees. :smile: But overall, it was a lot of fun and if you're in the NYC area go check them out!!
To quote from the Beatles movie "Help!": "I can say no more". :smile: Melissa

murgatoad

Reaction score
So where are the pictures various people here said they were going to take?

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I've got pics, they will be shared tonight. (Editing pictures at work=me being fired).

So glad some people go to go even if I didn't. I knew that info would do good in the hands of you Muppet-ites.

:smile:

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
As soon as Kodak finishes developing my film, I will post my pics...I promise...If I had a digital camera, things would be soo much easier !!

Michael

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who has photos of the windows can e-mail them to me as people are doing and we'll put them on-line for everyone to see.