Kermit Swamp Years figure

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joseph

I don't think it would generate any light at all.
Not even an ember.
The sun had an amber tint to it. :smile:

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Perhaps a black whole, whence no light can escape :wink: Yeah, that sums up Swamp Years. I was flipping through the channels yesterday, and it was on again, I was flabergasted that I actually sat through the whole thing. I guess it was my optimisim leading me to think it may have some ounce of goodness to it.

The outtakes were pretty funny.

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
Perhaps a black whole, whence no light can escape :wink: Yeah, that sums up Swamp Years. I was flipping through the channels yesterday, and it was on again, I was flabergasted that I actually sat through the whole thing. I guess it was my optimisim leading me to think it may have some ounce of goodness to it.

The outtakes were pretty funny.

We all hoped that eventually the good parts might appear. Unfortunately that didnt happen until after the movie was over and they showed us the outakes.

tomahawk

Reaction score
do you think that just maybe you are all being a little bit too harsh on people that have given us thier heart and souls for many,many years. i don't know,just a thought.

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by tomahawk
do you think that just maybe you are all being a little bit too harsh on people that have given us thier heart and souls for many,many years. i don't know,just a thought.
I take it that you have not seen the movie yet.

Once you do you will see that we are being as kind as we can possibly be.

tomahawk

Reaction score
seriously,i don't think so. i belisvre everyone had an expectation that this film was going to save lives and it has let you all down personally. if i were someone who had worked on this film, i wouldn't see any of this as constructive criticism,i would see it as just plain mean.

dan

Reaction score
Tomahawk, in my opinion you're being a bit silly.

This movie was a real stinker, and I think its up to us, the diehard Muppet fans, to say that we aren't going to love anything someone puts out just because its got a muppet in it. I hope the Henson people read this and realize they need to put as much into their storytelling as they once did to make the Muppets popular again.The writing was awful. I felt like Bill was doing his absolute best to do what he could with the terrible material, but to no avail really.

Everyone is raving over the Muppet action figures because they rock!
Everyone is reeming out Kermit's Swamp Years because it sucked!

dan

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention that I didn't expect miracles from this movie, but I did expect to enjoy some aspect of it. Man do I love Kermit. But man did this movie bite.

beaker

Reaction score
Strangely from Mfest to SDCC panels, the people behind this film made it sound like it would be a real treat for us diehard Muppet fans. Who else but diehard Muppet fans would be at a KSY panel?

Yet 9 months ago when I saw footage I smelled something akin to a 1993 Bean Bunny Disney produced Muppet special...ie: Something even a hardcore Muppet fan would have a hard time swallowing. I have yet to see it, but from what Ive heard theres really no little nods or winks or even hints as promised...

I really want to see that backstage stuff and extras though.