Kermit & Scooter - 1986 Academy Award Clip

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah I remembering seeing this years ago at The Museum of Television & Radio, great to actually see it at home, lol. :smile: :wink:

Dearth

Reaction score
Wow, I think I remember seeing that live! Haven't seen it since.

Was that really the first time Jim made the 'frog in my throat' joke, or were they just being tongue-in-cheek? I seem to recall him doing it on Carson or somewhere like that.

Alex

Puckrox

Reaction score
Haha, you can definitely see Jim's head in the very beginning!

This makes me sad though, that Scooter and Kermit were presenting, seeing as both their original Muppeteers are gone now. :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jim Henson was so brilliant, and paired with the brilliance of Richard Hunt you can't help but be in awe at their comedy and performance. I always love when Muppets ham it up; but, playing off the fact that they couldn't open the envelope is pure gold!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think thats why they did Kermit and Scooter. insteed of Kermit and Fozzie. cause fozzie could have opened it.

Frogster

Reaction score
I think thats why they did Kermit and Scooter. insteed of Kermit and Fozzie. cause fozzie could have opened it.
That, and it was also a good excuse to bring along :boo: & :sleep: as well. I think that's pretty awesome Jim felt that strongly about the character of Scooter that he could present with Kermit.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Not to bump a bit of an old thread, but the video doesn't seem to be there anymore :frown:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
For anyone who wants to watch the video, you can watch it here.

http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/84/moments/index38.html

This is the first time I watched it, and I have got to say that it was really entertaining. They should have the muppets at every Oscars, I hope they get to do something like this soon. I do not know how long this will be on so if anyone wants to upload it on Youtube then I think they should.