Hollywood, CA
(323) 850-2000

Artists:

Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
John Mauceri, conductor
Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, special guests
Members of the Joffrey Ballet, special guests

Program:

John Mauceri and the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra -- a 16-year collaboration like no other. And the only way to celebrate the culmination of this partnership is to throw a once-in-a-lifetime party. Everyone's favorite inimitable Muppets -- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy -- sing from the American songbook, members of the Joffrey Ballet recreate Nijinsky's ravishing choreography to Debussy's Afternoon of a Faun, and they're joined by other special guest stars -- all on hand to sing, dance and toast -- and make musical history together. Plus world premieres by Richard Rodney Bennett, Danny Elfman, and Adam Guettel. Don't miss it!

The Hollywood Bowl is located at 2301 North Highland Avenue in Hollywood, CA. Call (323) 850-2000 or visit www.hollywoodbowl.org for tickets.

-----------------------------------------------
Once more the Muppets continue to appear on other people's show, instead of their own.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
That's a good question, but I don't have the answer. The Hollywood Bowl regularly schedules concerts and they are not on TV.

Still, seeing Kermit and Miss Piggy from several hundred feet away in the stands would seem odd, unless the Hollywood Bowl has projection screens set up for the folks.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
The Hollywood Bowl does have projection screens. They've had them going all the way back to Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl in 1982 and possibly before.

:stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WOE, take a video camera down there and tape it!! :crazy:

Aaron

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
WOE, take a video camera down there and tape it!! :crazy:
i don't think that's legal

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Aaron said:
i don't think that's legal
I'm sure Was Once Ernie would know better than I, but I do believe the Hollywood Bowl is an outdoor theatre. Which probably means cameras are normally seen at events held there.

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
I attended a similar event at the Hollywood Bowl in 2004, though that was for the Fourth of July. That event featured Big Bird, Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, and Prairie Dawn, with appearances by Grover and Oscar. I think I'll try to catch this upcoming show as well.

An interesting thing about the Hollywood Bowl is that one of the exits takes you past the performers' entrance, and even right by backstage. And security is quite lax after the shows as everyone is exiting, at least for the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra concerts. (I imagine it would be a bit different with higher profile performers and guests.) So this would probably be a good opportunity to try to meet the Muppeteers. Along with Steve Whitmire, I believe Eric Jacobson would be there. Eric is performing Miss Piggy now, isn't he?

Anybody want to go?

-Murray