Kermit in my Wedding?

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
This may be pushing my fiancée a bit, but it's worth a shot...

I've got to get Kermit (Replica) in my wedding... admittedly, he is a little shy and therefore could not take a very active role (the whole not-being-able-to-move thing limits the possibilities), but I'm looking for ideas on how I could:

A) Use him in the wedding photos
B) Convince my fiancée that this is a good idea... :smile:

Any thoughts?

First order of business is to get him dressed like a groomsman... I assume he's not a standard size, so there may be some custom tailoring involved. Has anyone made clothes for Kermit?

Thanks!

Telly

Reaction score
What if he was holding the rings?

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
I remember someone posting about toddler clothes for Kermit, but I can't seem to find it in the archive... Anyone remember what size he wears? Obviously, would have to do a lot of alterations...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Oh, God, you are SO like me. I would totally want the Muppet presence at my wedding (dreamily imagines a Janice cover of As the World Falls Down)....

I like the ring idea. It might also be amusing to have a gag photo with Kermit as the priest/pastor/rabbi/whoever officiating. Have a pic with him about to cut the cake, if you're gonna have one. The Muppets are big on parody. Your fiancee might be more into it if you explain you'll have 2 pictures ... a real one and the parody one.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This may be pushing my fiancée a bit, but it's worth a shot...

I've got to get Kermit (Replica) in my wedding... admittedly, he is a little shy and therefore could not take a very active role (the whole not-being-able-to-move thing limits the possibilities), but I'm looking for ideas on how I could:

A) Use him in the wedding photos
B) Convince my fiancée that this is a good idea... :smile:

Any thoughts?

First order of business is to get him dressed like a groomsman... I assume he's not a standard size, so there may be some custom tailoring involved. Has anyone made clothes for Kermit?

Thanks!
Here's a thought. Dress Kermit up as a groomsman...er...frog as suggested and have him sitting on the table guarding the wedding gifts. It gets him there but also up and out of the way as not to steal the spotlight.

Incidentally I remember touching up a bride and groom Miss Piggy and Kermit photo from The Muppet Movie for a certain MCer's groom's cake. I couldn't find a link to a photo. :smile:

Good luck! :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh I love the idea...but maybe not wedding photos, chances are you'd maybe be annoyed with his being there in years to come. Especially if you couldn't get his face just right.

I love the idea of his guarding the presents though. Do you have Animal? You could have him ripping one present open at the back of the table.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Thanks, those are some good ideas. I'll keep you posted. I'm off to take Kermit's measurements for dressing him as a groomsman.

Good point not to let him steal the spotlight... Gotta remember what's truly important! :smile:

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Kermit's Measurements

For people who are interested, here are Kermit's measurements for clothing...

Shirt:
Neck: 10.5"
Arm (from base of neck to cuff): 11"
I didn't take his chest measurement, but from his neck to the top of his pants would be 4"

Pants:
Waist: 20.5"
Inseem: 11.5"
"Out"seem (From waist to cuff): 15"

Feet
Length: 5"
Width: 2.5"