Kermit/Cookie Monster pledge-drive sketch

Mary Louise

Reaction score
I seem to recall a sketch, from the 197o’s or 1980’s, that was made for a pledge drive. In it, Kermit was telling viewers the prices of various pieces of equipment needed to make Sesame Street happen (such as the cameras). As Kermit talked about each piece, Cookie Monster ate it! :insatiable:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was on YouTube a few years ago, but it was taken down shortly after it went online (the Muppet Wiki page for PBS had it embedded but never made any stills for the website).

I recall seeing an article on Henson's Red Book that said that there were a few pledge drive insertials with various Muppets (I think it even said there were some spots with some non-Sesame Street Muppets). I wonder if this was one of those.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's interesting. The only ones I recall were from the specials, the one with Kermit and Oscar and the one with Telly and the Count. I didn't knew they put them in regular eps as well. Maybe my local station didn't air those. I don't know. Yeah. If anyone can find those online anywhere, let us know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's interesting. The only ones I recall were from the specials, the one with Kermit and Oscar and the one with Telly and the Count. I didn't knew they put them in regular eps as well.
I doubt those were regular episodes. The one with Kermit and Cookie Monster was a PBS promo.

I was checking that Red Book source, and PBS pledges with Kermit, Cookie Monster, Miss Piggy, Grover, Ernie and Bert were recorded in 1979. Statler and Waldorf also appeared in a pledge promo in 1985.

Why do these have to be so rare????

zns

Reaction score
If anyone has any of these pieces, please upload them. Thank you. :smile::insatiable:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I wasn't aware Muppet Show Muppets did pledges for PBS, especially considering their show wasn't on PBS, but I agree with ZNS, any uploads on these rare ones would be appreciated.