1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Kermit and Miss Piggy to present award at Oscars

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by theprawncracker, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Yes, that would be great!
  2. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I wonder what award Kermit and Miss Piggy will present? The Academy's being pretty secretive about it!
    I do kinda hope they do the animated awards. Lately, presenting the awards for Best Animated Film and Short have become incredibly boring. Here's a video from 1993 or 1994 with Bugs and Daffy presenting Best Animated Short:

Compare that to last year, when Justin Timberlake presented them. BO-RING!!!
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I already mentioned that performance somewhere else. They do NOT want to have fun with Best Animated Awards anymore, and do that once cute, now incredibly lame thing where the animated characters sit in the audience and they get some dull intro by someone completely uninterested. Even Toy Story characters presented something. And who could forget when Edna Mode of The Incredibles co-hosted the best costume design awards? Kermit and Piggy will bring back some much needed fun and magic they seldom seem to care about. Though, I agree with the Simpsons... Jack Black and Ben Stiller will have a bit that will NEVER end (and I love the both of them).
  4. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

ok, so apparently piggy and kermit are doing interviews with academy president tom sherak today to talk about the oscars, so everyone be on the lookout

obviously they're there for more publicity because no one wants to see tom sherak alone
  5. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

well, kermit says they're not exactly presenting, they're more like "introducing" something very special....huh. wonder what that means. i would think it was the song performance but since that's not happening, i wonder what it could be
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

OK, there was an ad on TV for the Oscars, I missed it, but someone else I was watching it with said they saw it, and they showed a bunch of different people, including the Muppets, and the one they noticed was Sam the Eagle. Not certain if Sam was actually on it or not, but could it mean that Sam may be at the Oscars?
  7. panmanthe2nd

That would be great!
  8. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

that makes me wonder whether the muppets aren't actually doing some kind of performance after all. given what kermit said about how they're not really presenting an award but introducing something
  9. panmanthe2nd

You might be right!
  10. CountFan1998

CountFan1998 Active Member

Don't forget Mickey Mouse (and his 60th birthday tribute) at the 1988 Academy Awards! Poor Donald was upstaged for Tom Selleck!
  11. Borples

Borples Active Member

Hm. I think I hope that they're not introducing the Cirque act. That would seem a little insulting, given the circumstances.
  12. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

oh yeah. i forgot about that. well, that could be it, unfortunately. but i don't really know why they would have the muppets introduce that. unless they have some muppets involved in the number, which would be hilarious (and seems unlikely)
  13. panmanthe2nd

that would be cool!
  14. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

ok, so another site has the leaked list of what order the awards are being given out, and they say whatever the muppets are introducing does have something to do with the song category

it says song comes about 90 minutes into the show and look for a muppet surprise there

if they're not performing the song itself, what could it be? i don't really get it
  15. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

MY guess is they are doing the song... I hope...or maybe only the winner gets to perform but they need to know ahead of time who won and...:) We can dream can't we.
  16. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Tomorrow at the Oscars Pre-show, Darren Criss is scheduled to sing with Kermit. The pre-show is on the E! Channel from1:30-5:30.
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  17. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

looks like kermit and piggy are going to walk the red carpet! kelly osbourne tweeted a pic of them practicing. they look adorable!

i actually am wondering how they can even do that...where are eric and steve going to be?
  18. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

I'm so excited to see them at the Oscars! :D :) :excited:
  19. panmanthe2nd

20. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

Huh, I've been looking online everywhere, and they're really secretive about who presents what Oscar. I know Kermit and Piggy should be doing one of the song ones, but I wonder who's doing the animation ones? I hope it won't be another snooze-fest like last year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.