Kermit Alive and Well on the Space Station

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
At first, I thought it was just some named thing, but then I saw it IS named after our Frog!

WHAT IS KERMIT?
Kermit is an extensible file transfer protocol first developed at Columbia University in New York City in 1981 for transferring text and binary files without errors between diverse types of computers over potentially hostile communication links, and it is a suite of communications software programs from the Kermit Project at Columbia University. The Kermit protocol and software are named after Kermit the Frog, star of the television series, The Muppet Show; the name Kermit is used by permission of Henson Associates, Inc. :smile:

Over the years, the Kermit Project has grown into a worldwide cooperative nonprofit software development effort, headquartered at and coordinated from Columbia University. The Kermit Project is dedicated to production of cross-platform, long-lasting, standards-conformant, interoperable communications software, and is actively engaged in the standards process.

Since its inception in 1981, the Kermit protocol has developed into a sophisticated and powerful transport-independent tool for file transfer and management, incorporating, among other things...

movielad

Reaction score
Heh - I knew somebody here would pick up on it. I remember Kermit fairly well. Just goes to show how old I'm getting, I guess.

Regards,

martyn

Super Scooter

Reaction score
First Frog in Space? Hmmm. Sounds good. They shoulda sent him up instead of the stupid monkey in the first place. LOL

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is hilarious!

www.drlovemonkey.com (if it's still working). This guy used to do these comics on a website long ago, then collected them here.

I made him a sock-monkey-puppet like the one in the strips, and Muley can be seen with it in the photo galleries somewhere at www.midsouthcartoonists.com.

This was all under the premise that "monkeys is funny."

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
(I just wanted to add that there really IS a website for ANYTHING on the net!!)

anathema

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
This is hilarious!

www.drlovemonkey.com (if it's still working). This guy used to do these comics on a website long ago, then collected them here.

I made him a sock-monkey-puppet like the one in the strips, and Muley can be seen with it in the photo galleries somewhere at www.midsouthcartoonists.com.

This was all under the premise that "monkeys is funny."
Nah, the link is dead. Much like the monkeys.