Kermie's Girl (ushy-gushy fanfic)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I'm baaack! Been wrestling with the timeline for a couple of weeks now--got it under control--so I'm hot on the trail again. (Now I'm stuck with a time conflict in "A Pig out of Water." *sigh* Never a dull moment--thank goodness!)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ruahnna, I've gotta tell you something. After spending about twelve hours yesterday cramped-up in a very over-packed car, and not getting a good night's sleep for three nights straight, and wanting nothing more than to come home and just sleep... Well, instead of sleeping, I came on Muppet Central, and read that chapter, and boy, am I glad I did. It was exactly what I needed. I would have said so last night, but, well... I did need sleep, too. Now then, let me find a few good lines that I particularly enjoyed reading...

Ruahnna said:
Kermit was walking so fast that Scooter had to trot to keep up. This was nothing new. With a skill born of much practice, Scooter could shuffle papers, juggle appointments and appease personalities at light speed, making him invaluable as an assistant. Kermit leaned on him as comfortably as a third leg, knowing Scooter wouldn’t let him down.
I love this description, and it's perfectly accurate. Scooter as a third leg- a very perfect picture.

Ruahnna said:
Very distinctly in the background, Kermit heard Thoreau say, “Piggy—put the phone down now. I am trying to mark this hemline and you are ruining--” Piggy murmured something that sounded sweet but Thoreau broke off muttering immediately.
Mm, it makes me wonder what she said to him! But I can hear it so perfectly, I don't care that I don't know. It's just so... her-ish. I almost pity Thoreau, but I know he can handle it.

Ruahnna said:
He stopped so suddenly that Scooter would have crashed into him—should have crashed into him—but veered around him expertly.
Just sort of connect this with how I feel about that first quote... I really love how you describe Scooter here.

Ruahnna said:
“Already on it, Boss,” Scooter said, cradling his phone against his ear while he jabbed numbers into his handheld. He’d managed to take notes on Kermit’s phone conversation, check air fares the 2nd week in December and get Kermit’s signature on two pieces of paper while they walked (ran) to Kermit’s office, where Scooter left him to go to the sound booth.
Mm... Ditto.

Ruahnna said:
He knew she worried about him—about the effect this ordeal was having on him—and he did everything he could think of to show her that it was not bothering him. But no amount of creative lying on Kermit’s part would convince Piggy—Piggy who loved him with every fiber of her being—that he was unaffected.
Even before he had been willing to admit that he didn’t want a future without Piggy in it, the specter of jealousy had reared its ugly head more than once in their relationship, casting doubt on his indifference and his intentions, and giving Piggy hope that he was not as unmoved as he appeared. In that regard, his jealous nature had served him well, but now it buzzed almost constantly in his head, undermining the substructure of his life. It was not, Kermit told himself firmly, that he ever doubted Piggy’s unwavering affection, and yet…and yet…. Some small part of Kermit the Frog still found it hard to live comfortably in his skin—to live with the success and happiness that had seemed to fall on him out of the sky, to live with the extreme good fortune of making a living by making others happy--surrounded by friends and family—and to have found a love too stubborn to give up on his hesitant, undemonstrative nature until she broke through to the tender, passionate frog beneath. There were times, Kermit had to admit, that it all seemed too wonderful, too perfect, to be real, to be bona fide, to last.
BIG QUOTE! I just LOVE this. It's so... so... Ooh, I just love it when Kermit's so doubtful like this! It just... ooh... It just makes him so real somehow, I don't know... I don't know if that's really saying what I mean, but I just- I love this! This is REALLY the part that I just could not get enough of last night. And it's so well done... I love it.

Ruahnna said:
Maybe—just maybe--Christmas in Vegas was what they all needed.
And it ends on a hopeful note! That's Kermit the Frog, folks, ending on a hopeful note. But now I am SO confused, I don't know if that line is reassuring me that it's okay or warning me that something's going to go wrong. I think it's doing both. I love it! Oh, more please, Ruahnna, MORE PLEASE!

And ach, those darned time-lines! I've been struggling with one myself over in Flippersteps, and I'll be wrestling something fierce when I get to part two of the series... So I completely understand how frustrating it can be. Good luck with "A Pig out of Water," and I'm looking forward to more of this (or that) soon!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Thanks for feedback!

To everyone--thanks so for the feedback! It's sustaining me in a very busy time and I appreciate all of you "silent readers" as well. God bless you, every one.

Scooter as a third leg- a very perfect picture.
I really like Scooter a lot--in fact, I'm pretty sure I dated him when I was in high school.... Seriously, he's grown so much from his younger days as a gopher (I just about dropped my teeth when he was trying pick-up lines on the chorus girls in IAVMMC!), and I can easily picture him as the perfect assistant--patient, detail-oriented, unfazed by celebrity, and able to manipulate the technology that I'll just bet eludes Kermit at times. As the company has grown, Kermit would need someone capable to keep him on track and manage the details.

Mm, it makes me wonder what she said to him! But I can hear it so perfectly, I don't care that I don't know. It's just so... her-ish. I almost pity Thoreau, but I know he can handle it.
Yes--I'd like to know exactly what she said to him--I'd like to use it myself! Actually, Thoreau is going to handle things just fine--and there are a few surprises in store for him, as well.

BIG QUOTE! I just LOVE this. It's so... so... Ooh, I just love it when Kermit's so doubtful like this! It just... ooh... It just makes him so real somehow, I don't know... I don't know if that's really saying what I mean, but I just- I love this! This is REALLY the part that I just could not get enough of last night. And it's so well done... I love it.
And it ends on a hopeful note! That's Kermit the Frog, folks, ending on a hopeful note. But now I am SO confused, I don't know if that line is reassuring me that it's okay or warning me that something's going to go wrong. I think it's doing both.
When the days is over and everyone else goes home to quiet dreams, Kermit stands alone under all the responsibility for making the Dream they share--and everyone else's personal dreams--come true. That's an enormous responsibility, one that scares him and makes him worried about his ability to deliver because,at heart, Kermit is a very modest, very humble frog. That aloneness is one of the reasons that I want him to have Piggy to come home to. No one will ever love Kermit the way she does, or drive him as crazy, but Kermit needs both that craziness and that love in his life to sustain him and remind him that he is NOT, after all, alone. He has what he needs--what many people long for their whole lives--a family of friends who would do anything for him.
Having said that, you must know that my story will have a happy ending--HAS TO HAVE a happy ending, but not without a few bumps along the way. Coming up soon--we're going to VEGAS!
(Sorry--got kindof deep in here. I'll start bailing....)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chapter 11: Methinks the pig doth protest too much

“Let me get this straight,” Howard said. “You want me to come to Vegas to help with the show. At Christmastime. So, instead of spending a quiet Christmas at home, you want me to come to Vegas where it’s loud and bright and noisy and crowded? Are you kidding?” He leaned forward—suddenly and unexpectedly—and kissed Kermit noisily on both cheeks. “I wouldn’t miss it!”
“Oh good,” Kermit said, a little rattled at being so enthusiastically smooched by the choreographer. Others lined up after the meeting to say they could come, or couldn’t, or hoped to and would let him know asap. Kermit sent them on to Scooter, who was charting people, props, transportation and accommodations. Later, Kermit sat down with Scooter to go over the list, and was not unhappy with what he saw.
“We have enough to do a really good show,” Kermit said, “and the folks that want to go home for Christmas can still do that. We’ll round everybody up after New Years and get back to filming.” He looked the list over a couple of times—flipping pages back and forth, then a frown settled over his features.
“Scooter, there’s one name on here I was hoping to see that I don’t.”
“Who’s that, Boss?”
Kermit looked up. “You, Scooter.”
“Sir?” The young man seemed surprised, then looked away.
“I was hoping you’d come, sing a song in the show, have Christmas with Piggy and me and the gang.” Kermit knew that Scooter had no parents to go home to, and was surprised not to see his name on the list for Vegas.
Scooter looked uncomfortable for a moment, his cheeks flushed pink. If Piggy had been there, she would have known, would have seen, would have scolded Kermit for his lack of insight. Since she wasn’t, Scooter had to pierce the veil on his own. “Um, I, uh, sortof, um had plans for Christmas. Sortof,” he mumbled.
“Oh.” The light eventually dawned for Kermit, and he cleared his throat noisily while he tried to figure out what to say. “Well that’s great, Scooter,” he said at last. “I didn’t think—I mean, um, I didn’t realize that you, um, that is….” He trailed off uncomfortably. “I hope you have a great time with, uh, with—“
“Sara,” Scooter whispered.
“With Sara,” Kermit said. “I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with Sara.”
“And her parents,” Scooter said quickly. “We’re supposed to spend Christmas at her parents’ place.”
Kermit smiled. He’d gotten so used to Scooter being eternally entangled with studio business that he’d forgotten what it was like to be young and single, trying to balance a social life. “Well, nobody deserves a vacation more than you do, Scooter.”
Scooter looked up, blushing again, but this time from pleasure at the unexpected compliment. “Thanks, Boss,” he said gratefully. “I hope you don’t—I mean, will you be okay without me in Vegas? I’ve made all the arrangements and everything. I just hadn’t gotten up the nerve to, um, I mean I hadn’t gotten around to telling you that I had made other plans. I didn’t know we were going to have anything going, so—“
Kermit reached out and patted Scooter on the arm. “I’ll be fine,” Kermit said firmly. “We’ll miss you, but we’ll manage. I’m glad you’re taking some time off.” He was rewarded when Scooter heaved a sigh of obvious relief and stood, heading for the door. “So,” Kermit began, “is Sara that cute little redhead I’ve seen you around with?”
Scooter nodded, not trusting himself to speak, and fled out into the hall.

“You hadn’t noticed?” Piggy said later that evening as they were cozied up on the loveseat in the den looking over the list of cast-members who planned to attend.
“No—I guess not,” Kermit said. “I mean, I knew he had a girl-friend—at least, I think I knew that.”
“Cute redhead—named Sara,” Piggy supplied and was rewarded with a surprised look from Kermit. Sheesh, she thought, don’t men notice anything?
“That’s right,” Kermit said, mystified.
“And they’re going to spend Christmas with her family?”
“Yes—Scooter said they were going to spend it with her parents.”
“Good. Scooter needs to get out more—I’m glad he’s going to spend some time away with, um, family.” She gave him a thoughtful look. “We won’t see your family at Thanksgiving or Christmas this year—that okay with you?”
Kermit shrugged. “Winter does not show the swamp at it’s best,” he said matter-of-factly, and Piggy began to giggle.
“What? What’s funny?” Kermit demanded.
“I don’t know,” Piggy said truthfully, trying to stem her mirth. “You are. Nothing. Everything.” She put her hand over her mouth, attempting to hide her smile, but was unsuccessful. Kermit’s confusion only added fuel to the fire, and she clapped both hands over her mouth and fell back onto the couch. “I’m sorry,” she began, as tears began to leak out of her eyes, “but it just seemed so—oh!”
Of a sudden, Kermit joined her, stretching out beside her on the comfy couch, his arms slipping around her familiarly. He pressed a kiss against the curve of her jaw, snuggling against her. Piggy stopped giggling long enough to let out a soft sigh, then turned and caught his next kiss on her lips.
“Nice,” she said softly.
“Yeah,” Kermit agreed lazily.
“So—you okay about not seeing your family?”
“It’s fine,” Kermit said. “Sure, I miss everybody—especially Robin—but it’s a little overwhelming to be home during the holidays.” He pulled back and regarded her slyly. “Why?” he asked. “You hankering for the swamp this year.”
“No,” Piggy said carefully. “It’s just….“
“I miss Robin,” Kermit said suddenly. “I like it when he stays with us.”
“Me, too. Why don’t we ask your brother if he can come?”
“For Thanksgiving?”
“Sure—or Christmas. Or both.”
“Really? Both?” Kermit regarded her suspiciously. “That’s a long time.”
“So—let’s ask them.”
“Now?” Kermit protested, cuddling a little closer.
“Hey,” Piggy protested. “I’m just trying to be accommodating.”
Kermit gave her a openly speculative look that started her giggling again, but made her heart go pitter-pat as well. “That’s not what I meant,” she protested.
But not too much.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*squeals and hug Ru tightly* Ah! This is an great chapter, as all of them are! Yay! I'm in the story! I can't help it, I love it when the story's are great anyways...then we get the oblique reference. I was so ready to see Scooter in Vegas, then he's spending Christmas with me and my family! Too cute!! *hugs again*

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
ROBIN!!!!!!!!! Robin's coming! Oh happy happy joy joy! ...Or, at least, they're going to ask if he can come. Which is just as good, if you ask me. ROBIN! (In case you haven't noticed, he's my favorite. You have made me very happy.)

So good to see that Piggy likes having Robin stay with them, too. Oh, gosh, I'm so happy now!

And Scooter, very nice, he's got a love life. (I guess I should be getting used to that on this forum, shouldn't I?)

Methinks this is exactly what I needed before heading off to take the SAT today. So thank you, very much.

MORE PLEASE!

Edit: Just thought I should announce that Renee ziffled me.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
*squeals and hug Ru tightly* Ah! This is an great chapter, as all of them are! Yay! I'm in the story! I can't help it, I love it when the story's are great anyways...then we get the oblique reference. I was so ready to see Scooter in Vegas, then he's spending Christmas with me and my family! Too cute!! *hugs again*
Stay tuned, Sara--you may get to see Vegas after all....

TogetherAgain said:
ROBIN!!!!!!!!! Robin's coming! Oh happy happy joy joy! ...Or, at least, they're going to ask if he can come. Which is just as good, if you ask me. ROBIN! (In case you haven't noticed, he's my favorite. You have made me very happy.)So good to see that Piggy likes having Robin stay with them, too. Oh, gosh, I'm so happy now!
Of course he's coming--would I lead you on? (tries to look innocent--fails miserably) No--wait, don't answer that. Just wait until you see what happens when he does!
Good luck on your test!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Having gotten past the first part... This story is definitely picking up steam. I'm skipping over some of the more "mature" moments, but I know that's part of what you intended as part of the driving force for the narrative. There are other parts I've liked, and we're all awaiting for more soon or whenever you can post it.