Just one of those days.....

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ever just had, you know.... One of those days?

So, today I went down to pick up a friend from RI (he's currently living in Maine; home away from home, and honestly I can't blame him; his mom is a major pain in the butt) because he wanted to see a friend off before he heads to Tennessee for college. I planned to drive him back to Maine..... And we get into a bad car accident.

One of those instances where rush hour traffic just causes many accidents. I accidently rammed into another car, the air bags came out and blew up leaving us both temporarily deaf with gas blowing everywhere, and we ended up exchanging insurance with one another. My car ended up getting towed and now my folks and I are determining if our insurance company can fix the front or not.

I'm very thankful to still be alive but also aggrivated because I now don't have a car of my own and god knows how long it will take to fix. This whole month in general has been aggrivating for me, but today just takes the cake.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I've totaled two cars, both on black ice. Both times I was able to walk away. You should be thankful you're still in one piece. Cars can be replaced, people can't.

You won't know if the car can be fixed until the claims adjuster does his evaluation. Depending on how old the car is, mileage, Blue Book value, etc., they might write it off as a total loss.

Yes it stinks not having wheels, but it would be worse if anyone got hurt. And if you rear-ended another car, 99% of the time you would be at fault.

Still praying you get through this and can put it behind you.

Last edited:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I'm glad you're all right. I hope everything works out for you.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm aware I'm at fault - unlike those people who try and act like they're never at fault. It's just one of those days where it just makes you want to scream "How could this happen to me?" (Insert obvious Simple Plan song here) .

I'm okay minus a scratch on my leg, thanks everyone. It's also just frustrating because I had only had this car for 2 weeks after my Honda civic kicked the bucket and already got into an accident.

Also, for the record, the car is only 6 years old (2011) and it only has about 1,900 gas made use so..... I dunno. We'll just have to wait and see.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Its like I tell my customers all the time. Things can always be replaced, but people can't! So Thank goodness your alive!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It was definitely a wake up call, for sure. Be extra cautious during rush hour. Because believe it or not, there was actually another accident further on on the same highway.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I leave at 5:15pm as I work a 6pm graveyard shift, so I usually avoid the rush hour anyway. Even then, I prefer driving on the weekends (like today), as there's less traffic to deal with.