Just because I like to stir things up a bit, I present to you... Survey Madness!

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
36. Most annoying thing people ask me/say to me? Do you have a cigarette? I friggin quit almost 4 years ago!
I smoke and I still hate it when people ask me that. Especially people you've never met before, like random people on the street.

But anyway, how did you quit? And was it hard? I really, really wanna quit, but I think it's too hard.

^_^ Debo

anathema

Reaction score
I always get kinda freaked when I'm the passenger in a left-hand drive car - I'm sitting in the front seat, door to my right, gear shift to my left, and this gaping space where the rest of the controls should be! :eek: And the driver kept banging his left hand against his door every time he reached for the gearshift that wasn't there... :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was riding in a truck with a friend of mine who had a centralized gear-shift sticking out of the floor-board of the vehicle. It was like 4 of us there, so I ended up sitting by him. He reached down and shifted the wrong gear, put I paid him for it later! LOL!!!

Another dumb joke. Sorry.

I would probably get all mixed up there.

anathema

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain I shouldn't try driving on the right, given my method of driving!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sounds like you'd fit right in with Memphis drivers!! :smile:

anathema

Reaction score
No, no, it's not like that! I drive by instinct, without needing to think about it. Putting me in a car where all the controls are in the 'wrong' places, and where I have to deal with driving on the 'wrong' side of the road is asking for trouble!
:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by anathema
No, no, it's not like that! I drive by instinct, without needing to think about it. Putting me in a car where all the controls are in the 'wrong' places, and where I have to deal with driving on the 'wrong' side of the road is asking for trouble!
:big_grin:
That's what I SAID!! LOL!! :big_grin:

"Sounds like you'd fit right in with Memphis drivers!!"

See?

I would swear sometimes people just appear on the roads just long enough to irritate me and make me worry. They act like you just described, too. They also sometimes act like they don't know where they're going which, if you were driving here right now, I bet you would not know where you were going.

So, when I come stay with you over there, you'll have to let me drive your car. Being a puppeteer and watching myself on tv, I CAN think backwards--well, backwards to ME.

After all, haven't you ever seen any of my jokes?

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

After all, haven't you ever seen any of my jokes?
Oh, is that what they were? :stick_out_tongue:

I know exactly what I'm doing and where I'm going. There's a world of difference between not needing to think, and not bothering! My driving technique works well, and gives me more time to yell at the idiots you describe. :smile: To be fair, were I to drive in your home town, I'd not know where I was going, but that's only 'cos I've neither been there nor seen a map...I wouldn't be driving like I didn't know where I was going, though! :smile:

But there's more to driving in a foreign country than just knowing which side of the car the controls are...India's pretty scary for all that they drive on the left (mostly), and Indonesia has to be seen to be believed!

As for driving my car, well, I'd have to check my insurance...not sure whether they specifically mention bears... :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by anathema
As for driving my car, well, I'd have to check my insurance...not sure whether they specifically mention bears... :wink:
Be sure to tell them I'm licensed. Remember: "I took a correspondence course."

And it wasn't a Sally Struthers course either, so it's good!!

anathema

Reaction score
I wonder if it'll bring my premiums down...? For some reason, adding my father to the policy cut it by £40 this year...despite the fact he lives 200 miles away and has driven my car, like, twice! Weird...