July 4th Menu

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
sam was probably my fave too...well other than kermit...you just can't beat the frog!

Sarah

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
It's also cool that the Alamo, from my old hometown San Antonio, is there. And IS that Lower Manhattan on the right?

sarah_yzma said:
you just can't beat the frog!

Sarah
Yeah, you better tell Miss Piggy that! Ha ha ha...ha. *cough*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Represented, from left to right: San Francisco (Golden Gate Bridge, trolley car), South Dakota (Mount Rushmore), Texas (Alamo), Washington DC (White House, Washington Monument) and New York (Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Skyline).

I have lived in 4 out of the 5 places represented (Texas, DC, San Francisco, NY) so that's probably why I felt these landmarks best represented America. It's kind of like my life journey in a way as well. I'm a native Texan (Houstonian) so I had to use the state's most famous monument somewhere.

This is one of the quickest menu jobs I've done to date. The rough idea was sketched out months ago and I worked hard on it, but it did take just an evening. I took a shot at doing something slightly different for this one - using a few atypical characters in the mix (Matt, scouts, Waldo, Bear - and a tiny little Tutter). My goal here was to create a feeling of America without a bunch of flag waving. There's enough red white and blue to cover that. Especially in current times, I found it important to represent the beauty of America.

My faves are the last minute decisions to put the stars and stripes on Grover's cape and to stick the sparkler in Sam's hand. It so looks like he lost some kind of bet.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. We began the holiday menus with Halloween last year so there aren't many uncovered holidays left in 2003. This is kind of like going out with a bang, so to speak. There will be more next year and a few more surprises sprinkled in the mix this year, but the gist of my work is done. I have a feeling we'll be celebrating some obscure holidays next year. LOL! As for now, I'm taking a bit of a breather. We’re covered for a while.

:smile: :excited: HAPPY 4th! :attitude: :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Always one to come to your aid FB, i present to you for your persusal - some (real) obscure holiday dates :-

Take a Weasel to Work Day - April 12th - This holiday was initiated by the Wesabi Cult, whose members worship the Weasel God "Harold".

If you are happy and you know it clap your hands Day - June 3rd

Walk Around Your Apartment Naked Day - February 2nd

Northern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day, celebrated at noon on Feb. 20. You wave a beach blanket at the sun and shout Hoodie-Hoo twice and it guarantees warmer weather.

Trivia Day - January 4th
Cheese Day - January 20th
National Hugging Day - January 21st
National Goof-Off Day - March 22nd
International Tuba Day - May 3rd
Doughnut Day - June 6th
I Forgot Day - July 2nd (you can forget to do the menu)
Take your webmaster to lunch day - July 6th (good one for Phil)
Embrace Your Geekiness Day - July 13th

I could go on (but thankfully i won't) so we could have a different holiday every day, heck we could even celebrate themed weeks - how much time ya got ? :eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
You mean, I should only be doing that one day a year? Geez, that knocks out the other 364.

GREAT MENU JAMIE!! I have had fun with it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
GREAT job on the menu, Jamie!

That was wonderful!
Bravo!
I loved it!
That was great!
Well, it was pretty good.
Well, it wasn't bad.
Ah, there were parts of it that weren't very good, though.
Could have been a lot better.
I didn't really like it.
It was pretty terrible.
It was bad!
It was awful!
That was terrible!
Get 'em away!
Hey, boo!
Boo!
That was the worst thing I ever heard!
It was terrible!
Horrendous!
Well, it wasn't that bad.
Oh, yeah?
Well, there were parts of it I liked.
Yeah, I liked alot of it.
It was good.
It was great!
It was wonderful!
Bravo!
More!
More!
More!
More!

Luke said:
HA! That's my mother's birthday!

Uh...

So scared. So very, very scared.

radionate

Reaction score
Jamie!

Who are the figures in NYC? Or am I compleatly seeing things? They look like little people at the bottom right of the Empire State Building.

And I just noticed the traffic going over the bridge as well. Amazing!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
radionate said:
Jamie!

Who are the figures in NYC? Or am I compleatly seeing things? They look like little people at the bottom right of the Empire State Building.

And I just noticed the traffic going over the bridge as well. Amazing!
Oh, Nate. Nobody's landed! LOL! There are no people on the bridge. I'm glad you noticed the traffic. I felt it pulled focus to the center and added some excitement. Plus it only took two minutes to do. :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
I realized that I'm seeing a tiny bridge. But it looked like people to me.

So I love NYC, and go there every chance I've had, but I still don't know the layout of the city. Sue me. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What did you think it was? Little Muppets jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge? LOL! :eek: All the geography in the menu is skewed anyway. :smile: