Journey To Ernie

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I hate that segment. I mean Elmo's World as far as I'm concerned has more value to it. at least you're learning stuff from it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't think I've seen a show with the old JTEs where Big Bird had to look for Ernie in a box, but it does seem to have a better concept now. As for Matt's Big Bird voice, it doesn't always sound quite right, but it seems to have gotten a bit better in the later episodes. Still that segment does get tiring after a while. I guess the writers say that they'll be making some new ones for season 36, but I don't know how much longer the segment will last.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Hmmm. I don't think I've seen a show with the old JTEs where Big Bird had to look for Ernie in a box, but it does seem to have a better concept now. As for Matt's Big Bird voice, it doesn't always sound quite right, but it seems to have gotten a bit better in the later episodes. Still that segment does get tiring after a while. I guess the writers say that they'll be making some new ones for season 36, but I don't know how much longer the segment will last.

Yeah, I forgot to also mention Matt Vogel's voice (which, as you all know by now I am not too pleased with). I think it is just played too much. I mean, they have it in every episode but it seems that they just recycle the same 3 Journey to Ernies. So you would have the exact same one today that you saw yesterday too.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I'll be honest with you: though I hate the newer SS, there's certain parts of it that I can stand. The Ernie and Bert segments, and whenever Telly shows up. Journey to Ernie is one of the few good things to come out of the newer SS (IMO). I like it because it represents what the Sesame Workshop ought to be doing more of: using classic characters regularly, and perhaps putting them in new segments and situations.
I have to agree with you completely on this

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I like the educational value of Journey to Ernie, but I'm with BEAR and others, I'm still having a hard time adjusting to Big Bird's voice, especially since I don't get to watch Sesame Street all that often anymore. When I do, I have to do a double take. But, I do like that they are using classic characters in a new way. Hopefully little kids will continue to enjoy Big Bird the way we all did when we were little.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, I forgot to also mention Matt Vogel's voice (which, as you all know by now I am not too pleased with). I think it is just played too much. I mean, they have it in every episode but it seems that they just recycle the same 3 Journey to Ernies. So you would have the exact same one today that you saw yesterday too.
Yeah, if they're going to keep the segment on, they should at least make new ones.

Also, I know Matt's Big Bird is not quite right, but I think I remember one or two JTE segmets where Matt's Big Bird's voice sounded very much like Carroll's. I'm guessing these were probably more recent segments.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
There's one reason why I really like Journey to Ernie, it's the only time I get to see my favorite charachter anymore. The Two Headed Monster. It's pretty cool how they found a way to squeeze him/them in since they have the new format they don't have room to show the old 2 headed Monster Routines anymore, and Zoe, Elmo, and Baby Bear take up the street time the 2 headed Monster once had back in the 80's.

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
There's one reason why I really like Journey to Ernie, it's the only time I get to see my favorite charachter anymore. The Two Headed Monster. It's pretty cool how they found a way to squeeze him/them in since they have the new format they don't have room to show the old 2 headed Monster Routines anymore, and Zoe, Elmo, and Baby Bear take up the street time the 2 headed Monster once had back in the 80's.
I just like the way THM says "ERNIIIIEEEE!!!" like he is referring to an old chum.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Yeah, before Journey to Ernie I never saw a skit with Ernie and the 2 Headed Monster together. It's good that they finally met last year when Ernie was looking for Big Bird instead.

Rosewood

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I think it is just played too much. I mean, they have it in every episode but it seems that they just recycle the same 3 Journey to Ernies. So you would have the exact same one today that you saw yesterday too.
I'm with Bear on this one. I have seen more than just 3 of them, (some possibly from last season?), but the ones they have are getting old. It would be really refreshing to see some new versions created, rather than just running the few that they have over and over again. :smile: