Joseph Gordon-Levitt Signed On to Star in Fraggle Rock Movie

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Hmm, intriguing. He's producing it as well, so I guess that would make him the "Jason Segel" of Fraggledom. Finally this movie can get rolling, and hopefully New Regency won't turn this into another Chipmunks (god forbid).

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently JGL has added a potential FR movie to his endeavors along with the upcoming Sandman movie for DC Comics. Let's see if anything truly comes out of this news.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Wow. This is amazing news, seeing someone like him attached to this project is awesome. I'm still not going to be believe this movie will actually get made until I'm standing in line to buy a ticket, but this is really promising.

beaker

Reaction score
I want to use words like grain of salt or boy who cried wolf; but deep down you kind of want to believe oh this time...this time it's going to really really happen. Like when in 1998 Muppet Central posted an article in Variety about JHC doing a Dark Crystal prequel. Still puzzling why JHC doesn't make Fraggle youtube shorts...but maybe this film will happen. I mean next summer a third Ghostbusters film comes out, so who knows.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hopefully Joseph Gordon-Levitt's star power will get this one made (and if it succeeds then hopefully it'll lead to me being able to remember what his whole name is easier).

I wonder what kind of role he would have. For all the years we've heard of a potential FR movie, I never thought about it having a human lead. I wonder if it will be more like Jason Segel and Amy Adams in The Muppets, or more like Neil Patrick Harris in Smurfs, Brendan Frasier and Jenna Elfman in Looney Tunes: Back in Action, and Piper Perabo in The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (maybe that last example shouldn't count because I think that was her acting debut, so she wouldn't have been a celebrity selling point... And has Perabo gone on to become a big star by now? I know she was in the Cheaper by the Dozen movies and at least something else). I wonder if he'll be a silly creature the Fraggles meet and befriend, maybe even annoy, or if he'll be a bad guy (wow, until now I never thought of the possibility of the Fraggle movie having a human villain). Or maybe he'll be a relative of Doc (I don't think he should play the role of Doc, if they decide to include Doc, because he's too young).

And there goes my planned April Fools Day "announcement" of the film still being in production (I was going to say that Michael Bay was going to produce the movie with Tommy Wiseau, and have the Fraggles be costumed characters with CGI facial movements and celebrities providing the voices, Wiseau would be either Wembly or Boober).

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
This is great news, and hopefully his involvement speeds up production since a Fraggle Rock movie has been in development almost coming up to ten years now. I always liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt ever since I first watched him in Angels in the Outfield, and his resurgence with (500) Days of Summer (which I still haven't seen) and Inception was amazing for a young actor. So, yeah, I'm curious about what role he is going to have in the film, and how his interaction with the Fraggles will be handled.

Slackbot

Reaction score
We've been down this aisle before. All I can say is, we'll see what, if anything, happens this time. I'm not getting excited until I see puppets on arms.

Well, I can also say: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, whoever that is, is starring in a Fraggle film? Please please please tell me isn't not going to be another film in which they dump characters from our childhoods into the real world because that's more "relevant" than their own worlds. I want to see Fraggle Rock, not Fraggles in New York.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, I like how toughpigs broke the news, stating that this is not a test, we're on yellow alert.

That's right people... We're on Code Banana Tree Shirt. :coy: