Johnny Fiama - where is he now?

ALYN

Reaction score
Anybody know where that class lounge singer Johnny Fiama is now, and if Sal the monkey is still worshipping the ground he glides across?
Seriously, he was my favourite Muppet in Muppets Tonight, I thought he was absolutely brilliant and the show with Tony Bennett was the best ever.
I've just dug out a video with 4 or 5 Muppets Tonight on it, and I'm really enjoying watching them again, although I see on the forum they get a mixed response. If anything, I think the shows were a bit too 'frantic' in places and could do with being more laid back. Clifford was a bit over-used, Bobo was excellent and the neurotic panicky producer (Kevin?) was great, as was the incredible Andy & Randy.
But for me it was Johnny and Sal who made it.
If only Fiama had made an album of lounge classics.....

I'm quite new here but really enjoying this site.
Alyn

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
The Producers name is .....Nigel

He was great i can only hope He and Sal are in Vegas singing and haveing fun.

but Sal and Johnny were in MWoO (May'05)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
What roles did they play in MWoO? Or were they only supporting cameos?

ALYN

Reaction score
Nigel.... of course! tremendously twitchy...
Yesterday I was reading about Jane Russell singing in bars aged 84 and thought about Johnny Fiama duetting with her - what a show that would be. I guess Johnny might have followed Tony Bennett's lead and taken up a career in water-colours, I can just see Sal lovingly carrying around the easel and paints.
By the way - what is MWoO - not up on these abbreviations yet.
Cheers
Alyn

ALYN

Reaction score
ah - haven't seen that - did they have much of a part - did Johnny get to croon?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I haven't seen it either. I was asking about Johnny and Sal's roles earlier myself

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, they did have quite a big part in MWOO. Remember they were working for the evil witch (Miss Piggy), but after she melted they became good. Sorry if I'm giving away any spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

ALYN

Reaction score
That's it then - I shall order my copy!
and I'll have to get on the horn to Sal and see if Johnny can be coaxed out of retirement for a record deal

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi ALYN and welcome to the craziness here at MC...

Lemme help ya out here.
MWoO is The Muppet Wizard of Oz, the latest Muppet TV movie production, it premiered on 5/20/2005 on ABC. The DVD version seems to have a better more continuous presentation though.
In MWoO, Johnny Fiama did not get to croon... But he did have a good secondary-sized part as the main lackey/schmoozer among the Wicked Witch of the West's henchcrooks. Sal Manilla was there also, as the only monkey among the Flying Monkeys. In fact, at the end, Sal gets the winged cap that controls the other Flying Monkeys.
Johnny: Wait a minute, the monkey gets the cap?

Though there was no real album released with songs sung by Johnny, two pseudo-albums worth noting are...
1 The album of Johnny's hits advertised in the John Goodman episode.
2 The three different album covers complete with track song listings included with the three paint-scheme variations of the Johnny Fiama action figure in Series 7 of Palisades Toys' Muppets figure line.
Hope this helps and have a great time exploring the rest of the site.