Joggy's Puppetry Adventure - Prequel

Joggy

Reaction score
Guys, I need you to wish me luck because I have a chance of making one of my biggest dreams coming true.

When I was in high school I used to work in plays and school musicals with this woman named Marijke Kots who was an acting coach. She was also a puppeteer. I remember seeing one of her theatre shows when I was little. She knew I was interested in puppetry (and she was amazed because there aren't that many Dutch youthsters who are interested in that) but we never really got to talk about it much because we both had different things to do in the plays (I usually did the music and she directed the seventh grade actors).

Last week I read in the newspaper that she is directing a musical. It's the story of a drug store near the place I live, which had to make place for a large department store. Eventually the drug store could stay and the department store had to be built around it.
The article said Marijke was gonna use some puppetry too (for instance the people in the drug store collect traditional sculptures of heads with their mouths open, called "yawners", which are gonna be made into puppets), and I thought, this is my big chance. So I emailed her to ask if they needed a puppeteer.

She sent me a really kind email back, saying she would love to have me in the team. It all depends on what the production team will say about it, so I'll hear whether I'm in next week.

Working professionally as a puppeteer has always been one of my biggest dreams and this is my chance. So please cross your fingers for me, guys!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great news Jogchem! We'll be praying for you and this special opportunity. Please keep us informed on how things are going.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Joggy,

Good Luck Maaaaan !

I hope you get the job !!

See ya

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Good luck Joggy!!

Keep us all posted on the developments!

Joggy

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words everyone!

Back to waiting nervously in front of my email box...