Jim's personality

MIKEB97

Reaction score
I've read that Jim Henson was such an unbelieveably kind person. But, were there ever times when he became really cross?

radionate

Reaction score
I think in The Great Performances "World of Jim Henson", Jerry Nelson talks about Jim getting upset with him. I guess Jerry was upset that he didn't have but one line in an episode of The Muppet Show and threw a little Hissy Fit. Jim called Jerry into his office and reemed him out, telling him he was never to do that again.

That's the only story I know of where Jim lost his temper.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Acutally Jerry talked about Jim's temper in the book "Jim Henson: The works the art, the magic, the imagination" by Christopher Finch. I wonder how Jim felt about his separation from Jane in 1986?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Someone on YesterdayLand's board says that he once tried to talk to Jim Henson somewhere, and Jim got angry and yelled "Get the **** away from me, kid! I'm busy!" at him...however, this guy is NOT a fan of the Muppets, and in fact hates them, so I think it may be fabricated...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I think in The Great Performances "World of Jim Henson", Jerry Nelson talks about Jim getting upset with him. I guess Jerry was upset that he didn't have but one line in an episode of The Muppet Show and threw a little Hissy Fit. Jim called Jerry into his office and reemed him out, telling him he was never to do that again.

That's the only story I know of where Jim lost his temper.
Lemme straighten ya out, Nate...

Actually, Jerry had nothin' in that episode of TMS to do at all, quietly got up, threw his script in the trash can, and walked out.

But Jim didn't "reem him out" as you said. He called Jerry into his office later, and said quietly: "Don't you ever do that again."

And Mr. Bad Boy Nelson learned his lesson. LOL!

That's the real story from the book.

:stick_out_tongue:

Foreignman

Reaction score
Jim Henson was seperated from Jane Henson....:confused:... can someone expand on this... I've never heard anything about it...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Foriegn,

They werent together as a couple after they parted.

I dont think its any of our business tho.

see ya

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
Jim Henson was seperated from Jane Henson....:confused:... kan someone expand on this... I've never heard anything about it...
Is this true? :confused:

I never heard of this either...

radionate

Reaction score
They were indeed seperated. I don't think they were planning on getting a divorice, but they were seperated. I don't really know details.