Jim's parents divorced?

annakarina

Reaction score
hello!

i was doing some research on Jim's early life -- did his parents, Paul and Betty, divorce OR was his father a widower?

i do know that his mother died before his father but it is unclear if they've gotten a divorce.

also - Paul remarried Betty's younger sister Barbara so Jim's stepmother was his aunt.

since i did find on some records that Betty died in 1992 and Paul in 1994 - i assume they did divorce, maybe even Paul leaving Betty for her sister?

does anyone know? i wonder what it was like for Jim and their family if Paul really did leave Betty for Barbara.

thanks!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
hello!

i was doing some research on Jim's early life -- did his parents, Paul and Betty, divorce OR was his father a widower?

i do know that his mother died before his father but it is unclear if they've gotten a divorce.

also - Paul remarried Betty's younger sister Barbara so Jim's stepmother was his aunt.

since i did find on some records that Betty died in 1992 and Paul in 1994 - i assume they did divorce, maybe even Paul leaving Betty for her sister?

does anyone know? i wonder what it was like for Jim and their family if Paul really did leave Betty for Barbara.

thanks!
Have you ever read Jim's biography by Brian Jay Jones? That will tell you anything you want to know about his parents.

annakarina

Reaction score
Have you ever read Jim's biography by Brian Jay Jones? That will tell you anything you want to know about his parents.
hello! thank you for replying.

i did hear about the book but unfortunately, i'm currently unable to get it. i did plan to buy it when visiting USA next year but i was hoping someone might want to share if they read the book, pretty please? :smile: