Jim & Kermit at 1987 Macy's Parade

Sweetums74

Reaction score
I just came across this little treat for from way back when.

It is a 90 second clip of Williard Scott, Jim, Kermit, and some other guy. This guy is giving Jim and Kermit an award. I couldn't tell what the award was for, but I think it is an award for just being Jim and Kermit. The award looks like it was sculpted out of that green florist foam. It kinda looks like Hoggle. The guy compares it to an Oscar.

It is a WMV clip, so you can right click on it and watch it over and over again to try to figure out what is going on.

You will need to scroll down a bit under Ronald McDonald and the big Garfield balloon.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/thanksgiving/macyparade/1987/index2.html

As an extra bonus, keep an eye out for Casper and Richie Rich behind Williard Scott around the 35 second mark and 38 second mark.

Enjoy!
Chris

King Jim

Reaction score
I remember that. WOW!! Its been 17 years.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Watch out for the Kermit balloon! It's scary! Did you notice Willard kept trying to interview Jim, but Kermit kept stealing the scene. Muppets always steal the show!

Sweetums74

Reaction score
it is a great site.
I think I came across it from some Mp3 blog or pop culture blog. I initially started watching all of the 80's Christmas commercials and I kept messing around on there till I came across that gem.

It's little treasures like that that define the true meaning of the internet to me.

And upon further digging-- a Fraggle Rock float!
Wow. The clip is at the bottom of this page:
http://www.x-entertainment.com/thanksgiving/macyparade/1984/7.html

Rugby

Reaction score
Awesome find! Is this site where you can watch the 80's Christmas commercials you were talking about? That would be so sweet to see that stuff again! Also, is this the parade where Kermit's arm tore on a light pole in the high winds? Remember that?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hey,This Is Really Amazing Stuff! Where Did You Find All This At! :excited:

Rugby

Reaction score
I just happened to pop in my old VHS tape with the Jim Henson Tribute on it and found that I had taped the 1990 Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade after Jim's tribute. What a great find. Funny thing is, I happened to get the explanation for the award he got in 1987 as Willard memorialized Jim during the muppet spot in the parade. They showed the clip in the bottom right corner of the screen as Willard told how the award was for 30 years of service for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. So now we know! Can you say syncronicity? :smile: