Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories on DVD Tuesday!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
HIT! Entertainment will be releasing the first 2 DVDs of Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories this week! The DVDs will each feature 8 stories from the show, and will have a standard retail price of $9.99. HIT says if these DVDs sell well that they will release more DVDs in the future (there are still 22 stories from the show that will not be found on these releases). The cover art and compleate story listing is listed below.

Be sure to pick up both of these awesome DVDs on Tuesday (1/25/05); not only to support the franchise but also to experiance the magical world of Mother Goose Stories!

Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories: Humpty Dumpty
Region 1 DVD (US and Canada only)
Run Time: 64 Minutes
Click Here for Cover Art

Humpty Dumpty
Mother Hubbard
Little Boy Blue
It's Raining, It's Pouring
Dicky Bird
Little Girl with a Curl
Duke of York
Tommy Tucker

Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories: Jack & Jill
Region 1 DVD (US and Canada only)
Run Time: 62 Minutes
Click Here for Cover Art

Jack & Jill
Pat-A-Cake
Old King Cole
PussyCat, PussyCat
Man in the Moon
Little Miss Muffet
Willie Winkle
A Song of Sixpence

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I saw the DVD just last weekend. I'm still deciding whether to get it. I do have fond memories of the show though. :smile:

AAO

Reaction score
I use to watch that show all the time growing up at my Grandmother's house. She even bought the "Mother Goose Read-Along" animatronic where you would put the tape in her butt, which I always found odd, and she would begin to tell stories.. lol - I think anyone would do that if they had a tape stuck up their... well y'know. But I use to have a Big Bird, Oscar, and Cookie Monster that told stories together like that.. but I'm fraying away from the topic. Mother Goose... that's so awesome!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
You mean it's still available? I vaguely remember watching it too, and so I'll have to remember to look for it! It is the show I'm thinking of, right? They showed it on the Disney Channel in the same block as The Secret Life of Toys?
Have they released any volumes since then?