Jim Hensons Memorial Service

Knegoff

Reaction score
Does somebody have the funeral of Jim Henson taped on VHS or DVD? I never felt so strong emotions for a celebrity like I do for this man who had a heart of gold.

I even cried when I read an interview with Steve Whitmire where he described the days around Jims death and how he picked up the package with the Kermit puppet, and how he described feeling the presence of Jim.

"It smelled like him. It felt like him. It was him."

EDIT: Luke corrected me. Im looking for clips from the memorial service, where Harry Belafonte performed to name one.

Luke

Reaction score
The funeral was private. The memorial service (or clips from it) are usually floating around the internet.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Muppet Musique has the audio to be uploaded soon, I think.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Does somebody have the memorial of Jim Henson taped on VHS or DVD? I never felt so strong emotions for a celebrity like I do for this man who had a heart of gold.
Kevin (Fozzie Bear) is right. I'll be adding the audio from the Memorial Service to my website, Muppet Musique, on May 16th in honour of Jim Henson.

But, if you're looking for the service on DVD, may I direct you to this page... KermiClown's Muppet Videos

scarecroe

Reaction score
The funeral was private. The memorial service (or clips from it) are usually floating around the internet.
Thanks for pointing out the difference. Online sources still insist on calling the memorial services (of which there were at least two) his "funeral" to this day. I think it's important that this phrasing is corrected in such discussions.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I know the auditions were a sore topic, but we met on Jim's birthday while I was in LA and those of us who had puppets brought our puppets out and ended up performing for the restaurant! It was crazy fun!

Knegoff

Reaction score
I know the auditions were a sore topic, but we met on Jim's birthday while I was in LA and those of us who had puppets brought our puppets out and ended up performing for the restaurant! It was crazy fun!
This is what differs Jims shows and fans from any other. The L-O-V-E. There's so much love among the fans and the shows. I mean, you never see some Power Rangers fans jumping up at a table at a restaurant preforming an episode.

I will forever love Jim Henson and the work he did to make the world a better place.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Kevin (Fozzie Bear) is right. I'll be adding the audio from the Memorial Service to my website, Muppet Musique, on May 16th in honour of Jim Henson.

But, if you're looking for the service on DVD, may I direct you to this page. KermiClown's Muppet Videos

Thank you for puting up that link for the memoral service dvd i have been wondering about if i could get a copy also thanks :smile: