Jim Henson's Memorial Service

lautanner

Reaction score
I am searching for a VHS or DVD copy of the memorial service for Jim Henson. It was on PBS, I think. I contacted them and got no response. PLEASE, if anyone taped this when it was on the air, I desperately want to buy a copy.

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
lautanner said:
I am searching for a VHS or DVD copy of the memorial service for Jim Henson. It was on PBS, I think. I contacted them and got no response. PLEASE, if anyone taped this when it was on the air, I desperately want to buy a copy.
As far as I know, Henson's memorial service was never broadcast on any TV channel. A copy or two have popped up on Ebay, but those were presumably recorded with a camcorder by someone in attendance at the service.

There is an excellent special entitled "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson" that aired after Henson's death in 1990. That's probably the closest thing to an on-air tribute/memorial. You might be able to arrange a trade for that special with a forum member or else try to find a copy on Ebay.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I have about 5 seconds of the memorial :smirk:

My grandpa gave us a tape of old Green Acres shows and on a commercial they gave a news flash about it. It just shows some of the Hensons speaking, and a little of Big Bird singing. There are some more detailed clips of Brian speaking on the "World of Jim Henson" video, so I'd definitely recommend that as well.