Jim Henson's Eyes

Convincing John

Reaction score
Anyone know what color Jim Henson's eyes were? Blue? Brown? I'm making some drawings of him and I gotta be accurate. Anyone know? The photos I have I can't tell too well.

Convincing John

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Anyone know what color Jim Henson's eyes were? Blue? Brown? I'm making some drawings of him and I gotta be accurate. Anyone know? The photos I have I can't tell too well.

Convincing John
I think it'd add extra symbolism if you made them green!

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I believe they're brown, from the pics I have. Can anyone else confim?

Jeremy

Convincing John

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
I think it'd add extra symbolism if you made them green!
I thought about that, but the house he's in (in Leland, Mississippi) has painted green walls. It'd look like you could see right through his eyes to the wall if I did that. It reminds me of that Secrets of the Muppets special he did with Jo-Jo the Dog. Jim talks about bluescreen techniques.

Jim: "If I wear a bright blue tie" (holds tie up)
Jo-Jo: "Hey! I can see right through you!"

I thought his eyes might have been hazel. My drawings will be due in just a couple days (they're part of my Tick-Tock Sick book I'm doing for class). So far the book has all sorts of references to Jim. Billion to one shot it'll ever be published someday, but if it is, it's written with the Muppet fan in mind. The book shows his Rolls Royce from 1960, a grandfather clock labeled "Fuvog" (check the Tough Pigs website) and engraved with regular-looking (yet appropriate) penguins. He wears the top hat he wore in "Time Piece" and the names of his children appear on places of businesses, too. He plays banjo and bass fiddle based off the Muppet Jim and Muppet Frank Oz from the TMS Country Trio and the headboard of his bed is engraved with an encircled "J", in the style of Ernie and Bert's beds. In the background, two rainbows meet together on one page, (like an M...now think of a rainbow song you know...:smile:) and I even make mention to asparagus blankets in a grocery store window. There's a small book on his bedside stand, but I'm not sure what (if any) title should be put on it.

The story follows the "Tick-Tock Sick" song, but takes place in Leland, MS. I know Jim was in Washington D.C. by then but I thought Leland would be OK. Besides, I'm pretty good at drawing cypress trees! :smile:

I'm almost done. The inside paper cover for the book will be the same green (or pretty darn close) as the "Sam and Friends" Kermit. This is my final for this class, and I have to be accurate. I want an "A" on this thing!

Convincing John

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Usually it's hard to tell in my pictures because he's usually performing and the lights cause his brows to cast a shadow over his eyes. But I zoomed in on his eyes on the special feature interview on my MTM DVD and had my sister (who isn't partially color blind like I am) confirm that they look light grayish-brown.

Benjamina

Reaction score
I dunno...I was just watching "The World of Jim Henson" video, and I thought they were blue... :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
So long as they stayed in the 'eye triangle'!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They didn't stay in the triangle, one of the was a little off-centered.