Jim Henson Remembered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So I'm gonna put this thread here if the mods need to move it to the right section then by all means go ahead. Just thought I'd put it here since most people tend to post here as opposed to the "Henson" thread. Anyways...as many people know tomorrow is the day we lost one of the greatest entertainers of all time. It's been 22 years since Jim's passing. So I thought if anyone wants to share your favorite memories, videos, or photos to put them here.

This is my tribute to Jim. I made this video a few weeks ago.

bandit

Reaction score
I said it once and I'll say it again....
Incredible. Thanks for creating and sharing this with everyone. It's really beautifully done.

bandit

Reaction score
http://soundcloud.com/banditt13/this-is-my-tribute

http://soundcloud.com/banditt13/im-going-to-go-back-there

I don’t need to say much more than I’ve already said in this except perhaps to explain why I chose this song in particular. There are literally dozens of songs that would have worked or even been more appropriate for this. Some, I imagined others might use so I felt it best to leave them….But it isn’t just that….
For me, this song is sweetly and sadly nostalgic. It speaks of longing and of wishing for a future that holds something that has been lost or past. Maybe it’s something in our childhood or a lost love. Maybe it’s just an era. Whatever it is, it’s no longer present and yet the hope is to somehow reclaim all of that for ourselves. When I think of it this way, it only makes sense that I choose it. It kind of touches on so many of the reasons I think we are all here. Something of us….something of them….almost all of it thanks to Jim. That’s worth holding onto.

bandit

Reaction score
Those are great! And its not about -that-, you goon! ^_^ Its about all this. I think it looks pretty fantastic.

For what its worth....I can't even make stick figures not look handicapped using computer graphics.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Those are great! And its not about -that-, you goon! ^_^ Its about all this. I think it looks pretty fantastic.
Really? Aw thank you :smile:
Yeah, I guess it's the thought that counts and not the thing itself.

bandit

Reaction score
Really? Aw thank you :smile:
Yeah, I guess it's the thought that counts and not the thing itself.
Definitely. Its like the song says....One little voice....then another and another and then everyone's different ways of saying the same thing turns into a very powerful message.

But, woman! It isn't JUST the thought...You have skill. Don't you dare undermine it or ELSE. *shakes fist*

Status
Not open for further replies.