Jim Henson on Sesame Street

Convincing John

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone could help me with this...

I've seen clips on Sesame Street with a guy in them who looked like Jim Henson. I know it was him juggling in the "Sing a Song of 3" clip (with the baker), but what I'm talking about is:

A guy in snowshoes spells out ME in the snow with his footprints. (The voice is Luis, I think)

The farmer...there were a few of these. Filmed with sort of stop-motion animation, the farmer would go in and out of the farmhouse (pretty quickly) and also show "quiet" by nailing a shoe back together and "noisy" by pounding...a tree stump?...with a huge sledgehammer. I remember him doing a flip at the end of the clip.

The guy in the kayak. There's a guy paddling around in a kayak with some music (trumpet, harp and...chimes?) played over it. The guy paddles around and around and flips upside-down a couple times.

I know that Jim liked scary amusement park rides (which would make one think he might have liked kayaking) and he did ski once...not very well, but snowshoes would be easier.

Original "Everybody Sleeps" clip. It looks like Jim during the "And some sleep on the ground" line.

Does anyone remember these clips? And do you think they're Jim?

Convincing John

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I do believe he made a LOT of shorts for the Street, and he starred in a lot of those. His children appeared in some of the shorts, too.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
There was one film of a koala in a tree and the song rock-a-bye baby was played over it. If I'm not mistaken, It was Jim Henson singing the song in that film.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Jim...(maybe) in a Kayak

Thought I'd bump this up.

Watch this video and see what you think. Is Jim in this kayak? Pause it at 1:09 and there's a close-up (kind of) of the guy's face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iWocitr2q8

Of course, pause at 1:12 in this film, and it looks a lot like John Lennon around the Abbey Road days. That'd be cool if John did make a cameo on SS back then. After all, he was a Sesame Street fan.

Convincing John

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hay, I remember that Kayak skit!!! Thank you for reminding me of that. Ah... memroies...:smile:

How cool is that John Lennon was a Sesame Street fan!:excited:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
MIKEB97 said:
There was one film of a koala in a tree and the song rock-a-bye baby was played over it. If I'm not mistaken, It was Jim Henson singing the song in that film.
I always thought that was Joe Raposo singing that one....that used to upset me as a kid for some reason. LOL I NEVER liked that song

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Hay, I remember that Kayak skit!!! Thank you for reminding me of that. Ah... memroies...:smile:

How cool is that John Lennon was a Sesame Street fan!:excited:
John Lennon knew good T.V. when he saw it.. :smile:

jellopants

Reaction score
scary half naked bearded man/cave man skit

I have this faint memory of a skit that was kind of scary on sesame street. there was this cave man/bearded man with a loin cloth or something getting out of the water and running through the woods... what was that? Jim Henson? does anyone remember this? its faint.... thanks! talk to y' all... I am a big beatles fan too... its funny that beatle fan and muppet fan go together somehow Melisa...

Erine81981

Reaction score
It looks just like Jim in the kayak and when i saw "Everybody Sleeps" i also thought is that John Lennon.