Jim Henson Hour plug I just noticed, LOL

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Muppet TV ep

This is the specific clip I mean, part three of I Want My Muppet TV. I had been having some JHH vibes elsewhere in the episode, but once the music video starts, the two janitors or maintenance men or whatever from the pilot of Jim Henson Hour show up and basically turn a room into Muppet Central's control room. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sorry to burst you're bubble here, but the episode aired in 1985, 2 years before even the "Innertube" pilot was developed. It's more of a co-incidence than a plug. After all, how could it plug something that didn't exist at that time.

Though I SWEAR that in the great Muppet Cartoon Show, Miss Piggy does a Kermit flip book where Kermit does a Japanese cartoon character's famous "SHEEEEAAAAYYY" pose. After all, it was a Japanese animated episode. And even John Lennon did the Sheeaaaay when the Beatles toured Japan... (it's an OLD cartoon from the 60's after all)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'd like to know the history of the scene then. Some Pixar movies will air "preview" stuff in their movies (like Mr. Incredible in Finding Nemo). I can't believe it's just a coincidence. Either Muppet Babies was introducing the image before JHH or JHH took that scene as inspiration. The characters were basically dropped after Inner Tube anyway, so maybe they were just a reference to the MB scene.