Jim Henson Creature Shop TV Show Coming to Scyfy

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
It sounds... like it won't last. :stick_out_tongue: Still, I hope it brings in some revenue for JHC, so they can put out some new stuff!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At first, I was all like, "WOOOOOOOOOOW", but now I'm like, "Okay."

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I can see why some folks maybe leary of this, but I for one am very excited to see a new generation of artistes and puppeteers and see what they can come up with. Also I'm very hopeful that it will bring the wonderful art of animatronics back to the spot light. Everything is so CG and I would love to see more of the more creative things that people can build.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't think its so much that people don't want new puppeteers, I think the concept of the show is just not that exciting. I mean, yeah people are getting to work with the Creature Shop which is probably a huge deal, but making a show out of it seems kinda... unnecessary. Why not just bring people to the studio and interview them and see their work? Don't publicly humiliate them (and by that I mean some people don't take criticism well and they will show them crying or throwing a hissy fit)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Meh. I would've liked a show completley just focusing on the building and the creations that they make and produce in the Creature Shop. Now it's starting to sound like The Apprentice.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Actually, its FaceOff, another Sih-fee show where people compete for a job with a major studio, only for them its make up effects

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Im actually looking forward to this from a creative side.. Not sure if it will have mainstream viewing tho. Kinda a neiche market thing maybe?

Either way.. Good to see JHC getting itself out there :smile:

Now how do i apply for this show?? ;-)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Brian Henson and all of the Henson children have such a vast knowledge of creativity, and puppetry. I would think that artists of all kinds would be very interested in this show because it could invite them to the idea that the things they may draw/paint/sculpt/create come to life.
I think it will be very interesting to see what the tasks will be and what people will come up with. I think that this is the best way that Henson can really showcase what they have been doing, and what they could do for the film industry.