Jim Henson and Muppets on 2005 US postage stamps

ftnpro

Reaction score
shazam said:
I think the "silhouette" picture they mean is actually Jim looking at Bert, not Kermit, nor is he talking to him. It's a great photo, though. Here's the url: http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/margolia/images/shadow_henson.jpg
Shazam nailed it. The stamp sheet, which otherwise looks very cool, features a FAKE picture of Jim Henson with Kermit in silhouette. Any long time Muppet fan is familiar with the actual photo of Jim Henson holding a Bert puppet. Sure, I'll buy hundreds of sheets of these stamps, but with so many great pictures of Jim and the characters to choose from, it's sad that I'll be buying hundred of fakes, too.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
ftnpro said:
Shazam nailed it. The stamp sheet features a FAKE picture of Jim Henson with Kermit in silhouette. Any long time Muppet fan is familiar with the actual photo of Jim Henson holding a Bert puppet.
It's not fake, the artwork was based off the famous picture of Jim and Bert, but just cause it was based off that and is not 100% that does not make it fake. No it is not the actual photograph but it is still a great image of Jim and Kermit based off the artistic concept of the famous one of Jim and Bert. It is still great!

Plus since Bert is owned by Sesame Workshop and these are stamps of The Muppets it would not have been possible to use a Bert image.

Beauregard

Reaction score
How much would postage be to England, and how much are the stamps if I wanted someone to send me a set?

WeebleSue

Reaction score
It is March 16. Where are the stamps?

HEY!!! It is march 16! the stamps are not available online at www.usps.com! What gives????
:smile: :eek:

christyb

Reaction score
The Postal Service pushed back the date. They are now coming out sometime in September. Supposedly that is.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
christyb said:
The Postal Service pushed back the date. They are now coming out sometime in September. Supposedly that is.
What? I was hoping to get them in the next two weeks! That's crazy talk!

christyb

Reaction score
No it's not it's sadly true. Go here and scroll down till you see Jim Henson and The Muppets. The date is set for 9/27/05