Jim Henson and Muppets on 2005 US postage stamps

Camellia

Reaction score
Australia stamps

hi, sorry this series sounds like it is issued by the United States Post Office and sold only in the US. But if you have friends here, maybe someone can resell you some. :smile:

good luck!
Camellia

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hopefully someone in the US will help me get them when the time comes. They won't cost much to send which is a bonus. Stamps are sold on ebay so I'll look there to see if theres any muppet ones when they come out.

dlphntat

Reaction score
I have been wanting this for so long. Great to see that it finally happened.
Though it stinks that the Post Office will be selling me stamps that will never be used. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
beaker said:
Praise be! Muppet news is scarce these days, but this is something Ive been wanting for awhile. Sure, this wont be the first time Muppets have graces a US postage stamp(remember Big Bird? And didnt Rowlf have his own stamp in the 80's?) but man...a whole sheet of Muppet stamps with JH himself...a truly special occation. This is another significant win in the battle to get the Muppets back out there and acknoleged.
This may actually get me back into collecting stamps...I only have a sheet of Universal Monsters and Sylvester and Tweety...

Kermie81

Reaction score
I found this at http://www.virtualstampclub.com/2005_intro.html

"Ten Muppet characters will share a sheet of stamps with a single stamp for their creator, Jim Henson. The Muppets honored include Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Sam the Eagle, Statler and Waldorf, Animal, Rowlf the Dog, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant Beaker, Camilla the Chicken and Gonzo. Below the single Henson stamp is a larger photo in the sheet's selvage showing Henson in silhouette sitting on the floor, back to a wall, knees drawn up, and talking to Kermit. (Rowlf, by the way, was Henson's original Muppet, 'way back when he got his start on WRC-TV in Washington.)"

:smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Personally, I'm glad that the featured players will include Rowlf and some of the other older beloved Muppets. Unfortunately, they're not used as much as they could be in the new stuff.

zanimum

Reaction score
unilbokinla said:
im in australia and a huge fan of the muppets.
i was wondering if anybody knew if the stamps would be comming out down here? :zany: thanks
Doubtful Australia will co-release, but I know Canada Post's catalogs let you order special issues from the US, Australia, New Zealand, and the UN. I'm sure that the Aussie Post office does the same.

Definetly cheaper that way than eBay.

Cammioh

Reaction score
YAY! I am glad that Rowlf is getting on a stamp! I will have to buy many of these! :sympathy:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Cammioh said:
YAY! I am glad that Rowlf is getting on a stamp! I will have to buy many of these! :sympathy:
Definitely. I don't know if excluding Rowlf would have kept me from buying this set of stamps (I am not a stamp collector) but now that I know he's included, I will be buying multiples. I like the variety of characters, it's good to see they're honoring more than just the primary four (from a contemporary point of view).