JHC closer to Nowhere, oh wait...

beaker

Reaction score
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/101503.shtml

Heh, I swear I thought this said "JHC Closer To Nowhere", an oped peice about the state of post buyback JHC. I guess the biggest JHC headline is there is no headlines, and Im afraid might not be for some time. With everyone else, I await with baited breath *some* kinf of big bomb shell news announcment to knowck ours Gonzo socks off.

So anyone willing to make a pool on when any sort of big Muppet news will come out? Im hoping news on a new series, movie, and MF come out by march or spring time.

Luke

Reaction score
From what i understand (no guarantee this info is correct) another Muppetfest is remotely possible but it maybe more than one year away, and a TV movie is more likely to be announced in the near future rather than a new TV series but we should hopefully see something like that in the longterm future. However, there are rumors that the new movie/s are not as definite as some people think right now, although thats not to say they won't happen. Whether those rumors are true or not i could not say for sure but Henson people do say some great "stuff" is happening so whatever it is, we'll be surprised. Things are gonna happen slowly, this is one of the downsides of the Henson family buying back the company - they have no major backing so everything has to be worked out carefully and a lot of it is dependant on deals with strategic partners. It will take them a lot of time to get sorted properly and while they are expect them to carry on business as usual like it is now. I wouldn't expect this sudden blaze of big awe inspiring announcements but let's hope they have at least something to tell us about soon. There are still a lot of committed people there at JHC who have heaps of plans, in the current situation it just takes a lot of effort and manouvering to be able to get them off the ground but slowly and surely things should pull together.

I wouldn't say they are nowhere right now either - they have scripts for TV movies, plans to co-produce more pre-school shows in the UK and use Classic Muppets for promotion and advertising within Europe. Not to mention the events, television appearances and the tremendous work going on within licensing. It's not enough to keep going forever admittedly, but still ...

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Whether those rumors are true or not i could not say for sure but Henson people do say some great "stuff" is happening so whatever it is, we'll be surprised. Things are gonna happen slowly, this is one of the downsides of the Henson family buying back the company - they have no major backing so everything has to be worked out carefully and a lot of it is dependant on deals with strategic partners. It will take them a lot of time to get sorted properly and while they are expect them to carry on business as usual like it is now.
Well we're a patient bunch^_^;; Come on Muppet rennisassance, wooo!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Luke said:
but Henson people do say some great "stuff" is happening so whatever it is, we'll be surprised.
sometimes I'd really prefer specifics :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
beaker said:
Well we're a patient bunch^_^;; Come on Muppet rennisassance, wooo!

If anything, at least we have a rebirth in merchandising. Frggle Rock Dolls coming next year, Weird stuff on DVD, action figures, plushes, and T shirts, among other things. But where are the projects? In limbo. They've had a boat load of stuff in preproduction for years now, without seeing a green light. But it's not like thy can help it. The buy back was a strain on the wallets enough, and they need someone to fund these projects. Best case scenario, some seriously great stuf is coming soon. WOrse case scenario, we see one Made for TV Movie with a million promos for other shows on the network.

If anything, I'll just get me fsome Fraggles and such and plan a ressurection of Muppets party...

Luke

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
sometimes I'd really prefer specifics :wink:
Yeah, it's amazing how vague I was in that post, i even surprise myself sometimes - short answer was aside from a bunch of rumors I have no clue but they say it'll be good.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
aww, I meant more the company than you! I wish I knew what this great 'stuff' is!

of course, everyone here does!

beaker

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
aww, I meant more the company than you! I wish I knew what this great 'stuff' is!

of course, everyone here does!
Sarah yer still here! eee, I was gone but now Im back. Yeah its a mixed bag...Muppet Oz makes me wretch in horror, but all this Muppet, Sesame, and Fraggle merch makes me rejoice in jubilation. Least we got our company back eh?

Luke

Reaction score
Welcome back Cory, this place needed shaking up a little - you were missed.