Jerry Nelson: Very Merry Muppet Christmas

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i was watching the end credits of AVMMC and i saw two names that just made my eyes pop out of my head, Jerry Nelson and Keven Clash. I did not hear either of these people perform at all. did they? im not sure. can somone help me on this.
Because at the begining of the "thank you Jerry Nelson" thread it said he wasnt in the movie, but the credits say he was.

jediX

Reaction score
I believe Clash performed Sam. As for Jerry, who knows -- I think he probably performed Robin.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Jerry was not on the set beacuse he was sick. He just voice dubbed his characters in the movie.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Jerry Nelson still did Robin, Statler, and Pops. At first I was surprised by Robin, since he didn't sound quite himself... On further viewings, though, I'm pretty sure it was still Jerry.

Fighbird

Reaction score
To my ears, it sounded like Jerry was doing Statler; Pops I can't comment on, 'cause I didn't pay attention when he was on, but I'm pretty sure that that wasn't Jerry doing the voice of Robin. It sounded very off compared to practically every other appearance of Robin in the past 25-30 years...

But then again, maybe Jerry just had a bad day of laryngites(sp?) when he did Robin... :big_grin:

Ryan

Reaction score
As far as I know, Alice Dinnean performed Robin for Jerry, and then he looped it by telephone.

He looped Pops, Statler was played at times by Steve and never looped, and at times he was looped by Jerry. Lew Zealand was Bill Barretta.

jediX

Reaction score
Ryan said:
Phil-
As far as I know, Alice Dinnean performed Robin for Jerry, and then he looped it by telephone.

He looped Pops, Statler was played at times by Steve and never looped, and at times he was looped by Jerry. Lew Zealand was Bill Barretta.
Phil???? lol...looks like the avatar confusion has got you, too. :wink:

Ryan

Reaction score
Cute. Very cute. (pulls out hair)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
oh come on

Ok i have heard you all mention this dubbed by phone stuff before with Mr. Oz
Is this really really true i mean couldnt they even cme to a recoding studio or what . Do they really do the phone bit that makes no sence to me what so ever.

Ryan

Reaction score
Well...if he was sick during production..it DOES make sense..